24. A heart full of regrets

❝Having regrets is sad; It's a nightmare,something that keeps on coming back

something that keeps on coming back.❞

------------------------------

        THE darkness that filled the house kept killing Rishit with that memory being played repeatedly in his head. Her words kept echoing and her hurtful face kept paining him deeply.

Did he fail to show effort? The thought kept haunting him while making him feel worst.

He closed his eyes momentarily but the thoughts refused to leave his mind. The ticking of the clock was only sound audible.

The lights from the outside flickered in his apartment while giving some light but that wasn't enough. He kept his hand over his forehead as a tear slid from his eye.

It was their anniversary today. It was the first year when he won't be celebrating it. Last year they had differences, they fought but they were still together. This year was far different.

He should have stopped her. He shouldn't have signed the papers but his ego stood in between, his attitude and anger didn't help him.

When he knew what he did, she was already gone far from him and then he didn't look back. He thought he will be fine but even after all these months, he wasn't fine.

The reality was harsh and it kept troubling him deeply. He sighed and opened his eyes to look at the clock. It was early in the morning but he didn't want to go to work.

She will be there. He wanted to see her but his body refused to move. His heart was nervous as he feared he might make it worse.

He closed his eyes again but thought of messaging Akash about the same and took his mobile out. He typed his message fast in the chat box and sent it.

He turned off the mobile to avoid any calls related to work. Rest no one calls him much apart from his mother. It was her too before but now it's just his mother.

He rested his head back on the headrest and let out a deep sigh while feeling disturbed by the thought in his head.

Rutvi's loud crying was audible even outside the door. He hurriedly opened the door with the keys he had and pushed the door ahead.