16. Hurting without realisation

❝Being misunderstood by people whose opinion you value is absolutely the most painful

❝Being misunderstood by people whose opinion you value is absolutely the most painful.❞

--------------------------

         THE rush in the cafe was more than usual today as Nitya furrowed her eyebrows and watched around the place to spot the one she was searching for. Her lips moved to form a pout as she wasn't able to spot him.

Her eyes moved to the watch on her wrist and she looked up again. "I am already 10 minutes late. Didn't he come yet?" She muttered and smiled widely.

"It's good... I don't have to feel sorry," She said and shrugged but a thought peeked in her mind as she soon while wiping her smile and she frowned again.

"What if he left already?" She whispered and gasped dramatically. "What am I going to do?" She asked and turned to the side as she jerked hard.

"Gosh, you scared me. Who stands this close?" She asked in irritation. Abeer took off his shades and looked at her in displeasure.

"Why did you tell me that Taara had invited me?" He asked. She pressed an even wider smile and moved to his side as she encircled her hand around his arm.

"Let's find a seat first," She said. He shook his head in disappointment but didn't say anything further as they made their way through the crowd in search of the table.

Nitya and Abeer got to know each other because of Taara, of course, but they bonded on their own as they shared a few interests.

Though not all, Taara did possess a few introvert qualities while those two were all over the place. But that was all.

When Abeer and Taara parted ways, Nitya cut her ties with Abeer as well. It was just when he came back and Taara forgave him, that she started her talks again.

They found a table and got settled before each other. Nitya dodged the same question yet again and adjusted in her seat one more time before placing an order.

Abeer kept watching her closely all the while with a plain face. When she was content with everything, she watched him again while placing her hands on the table before.