8. The noisy silence

❝I've never heard silence quiet this loud

❝I've never heard silence quiet this loud.❞

----------------------

         THE firecrackers burst into the sky while lightening it beautifully. It was the start of another year and the celebration was seen everywhere. The speakers were bursting music as people were grooving to the loud music, either with their partners or with friends or families.

Taara made a painful face when the loud music made her feel uncomfortable. Her eyes caught Rishit on the side who was gulping yet another glass of alcohol. She couldn't even recall the number as he has had too much already.

"What's wrong?" She shouted in his ear in this loud surrounding that was making her deaf. He looked down at her with heavy eyes and shrugged.

"Nothing. Celebrating the start of another 'awesome' year," he said and laughed. She kept watching him for sometime before holding his arm with concern.

"You never drink this much when I'm with you. Something is bothering you, isn't it?" She asked again. He sighed deeply as the smile on his face faded and he looked away.

"You scare me, Taara..." He said and chuckled distantly before speaking further, "It's been just some 2-3 months since we met but you already started getting me better than my own people.".

"I'm yours too," she said while squeezing his hand. He smiled as he looked back at her.

"Are you sure you want to marry me? They are kicking me out of the property," he said. She chuckled lightly and kept her head on his arm.

"I trust your abilities. So you better trust yourself too," she said and looked up at him again.

"Listen... I think I am in love with you," he said in drunken voice while making her smile. "I would appreciate if you say this when you are sober," she said. He shrugged.

"Fine," he spluttered again before looking around. She moved her gaze around at the party again.

She could spot Rajveer and Nivedita at some distance as they shared a kiss. There were other couples, some of them danced cosily while others grooved wildly. Vikram was grooving with other single people as they enjoyed together.