2. The fire of revenge

❝You broke my heart but I still love you with all the pieces

with all the pieces.❞

------------------------

           RUTVI put her head down and shoved it inside the book as she kept reading the alphabet loudly. Taara kept gritting her teeth. She moved inside the room while taking her anger and irritation out on anything and everything she saw in the way.

She had already done yelling at the helpers in the house for no reason and now she was taking it out on things spread across the room. "Who kept it here now?" She yelled again and looked back at the girl standing behind her with her head down.

"I'll keep it," she muttered but was shut off again. "Let's do one thing. I will follow you every day while leaving my work behind. I'll instruct you and you'll take care. Or better... I'll do the work while you follow me around. Okay?" She asked and raised her eyebrows.

The helper kept looking down while fiddling with her fingers nervously. Rutvi eyed them silently while moving her eyeballs to the top and looked in the direction of the door when she felt someone there.

Nitya raised her eyebrows and she got the answer in the form of Rutvi's pouted. Nitya sighed and shook her head before walking further inside the room.

"Shipra, go and clean outside," She said as Taara frowned while watching her.

"No," she shouted. The helper girl looked puzzled but chose to listen to her boss. She stayed glued to her position.

Nitya sighed again as she watched Taara. "Why are you taking your anger on this poor girl?" She asked and added, "I get that you are frustrated with your ex-husband but common, girl, it's been almost a year since you both parted."

Rutvi watched her mother carefully. Her little heart got shattered into pieces when her parents decided to live separately. Her innocent mind didn't understand the actions of elders. Whenever she asked questions she was given one or the other reasons yet her heart kept longing to be with both of them as she had always wanted her parents to be together.