𝑠 𝑒 𝑣 𝑒 𝑛 𝑡 𝑦 𝑠 𝑒 𝑣 𝑒 𝑛

cassandra's point of view
april 26th 2022,

Kali Uchis' Your Teeth In My Neck plays softly through my headphones as I wipe down the red extended table trying to rid it of all the stuff that's making it messy and disgusting.

It's covered in pizza residue, spilled cherry kool-aid, and warm buttermilk ranch from that complimentary six piece wing the guest had been eating on. The table was also sticky ass hell from the kids spraying that apple flavored too tarts candy spray and getting it all over the place. It wasn't hard to get it up. A rag with soap and hot water would for sure do the trick.

Some kid just came in with his parents, his siblings, cousins, and his friends who also brought their parents. His parents made sure we arranged him to have the messiest, biggest party I've ever seen here, and we did. We most definitely did that.

Not to toot our own horn or anything, but ain't nobody touch Silly Guy's.

Anyway, his name was 'Jaden' and he was turning twelve. Jaden's momma and daddy rented out the party room, his aunts and uncles went half on all the food and bought almost a dozen of pizzas.

They were constantly ordering buckets of game tokens, cakes, wings, and buying merchandise (mainly shirts) when the kids would spill food on themselves. The kids played in the park and rode the rides in the park when they weren't in the building, but it seemed like they had a good time overall.

"Aliá, no, just listen to me! I want you to listen to me, okay?!" I heard Morgan nearly yell out loud 'causing me to take out one of my headphones and look up.

"Morgan, retake the pictures, don't retake the pictures, I do not care!" Aliá snapped, running a hand through her long, curly black hair as her girlfriend, Morgan, followed behind her with an empty pizza tray in her hands. "Why do you have to make big deal out of everything? Eso es ridículo. Eres tan molesta."

I place my headphones back in, going back to mind my business. Personally, I feel like the next time the two of them break up, and they will break up, they need to just stay that way.

Aliá told me she thinks Morgan is immature, and I don't hold anything against Morgan if she is, 'cause two years ago Morgan was an eighth grader.

Not all Sophomores are immature, but some of them are, and if Aliá thought it would a be a good idea to get into a relationship with one even though she's an eighteen year old senior, that's on her. Well, her and the law, noting the age of consent.

"Excuse me?" A small voice asks and I take out my headphones out to respond, looking up from the table I was wiping down and at the girl looking up at me with big eyes and a nervous look. "Yes?"

"Um," She pauses. "I think I need assignments."

Furrowing my eyebrows together, I stay quiet for a second until I slowly start to realize. "Oh, um.. t-that word on my back doesn't say assignments. It says assistance." I explain and she nods slowly.

"Oh,"

Then she's quiet and sounds of kids squealing and running around come faintly from outside. "..Did you need assistance? Help with anything?"

"I gave the Mario Kart game my token but it didn't let me play." She tells me and I nod, using my hands to motion for her to 'wait a second' and go behind the desk, grabbing the master key to the car games.

"Let's go see what we can do about it," I say, letting her take my hand and follow me to the game. She points to the one she tried, so I use the key and open it up.