𝑡 𝑤 𝑒 𝑛 𝑡 𝑦 𝑠 𝑒 𝑣 𝑒 𝑛

chapter twenty seven

Cassandra's pov

"Good afternoon passengers. This is the pre-boarding announcement for flight 32 to Los Angeles, California. We are now inviting those passengers with small children, and any passengers requiring special assistance to begin boarding at this time. Please have your boarding pass and identification ready. Regular boarding will begin in approximately ten minutes time. Thank you."

"Jules, this is your second time checking my bag. I made sure to get everything, you really don't need to do anymore double checking. I promise." I groaned trying to pry my bag from Julia's hands.

I don't know how she got so strong. I must have missed something.

"I'm just triple checking that you made sure to pack an extra phone charger. I see you got all your toothpaste, toothbrush..." Julia trailed off rummaging threw my red duffle bag. "Wash towel, face towel.."

I huffed humorously. I've never been away from Julia for more than two days, and she's so persistent on making sure I have everything. Just so nothing goes wrong. But I'm pretty sure I have everything. I had two suitcases full of clothes, and I packed a few pairs of my shoes. My duffle bag was filled with my phone charger, comb, my water bottle, headphones, sleeping mask, toothbrush, and a few other things.

I ain't gonna lie, I was confused about everything going on.

I had never been on a plane before, but Hailey had stayed up all night and made sure to explain everything to me.

She explained to me everything I could do, everything I needed to do, and everything I could not do, at the airport and on my flight. I commented on how sweet she was for doing it, and she told me it was 'nothing' while mumbling something about the bare minimum. I shrug it off and went to sleep, cause I was super tired.

Me, Asia, Henry, Christiana, and Julia, are sitting in these uncomfortable airport chairs, waiting for my flight to board.

The tickets Hailey got me were first class. I had told her repeatedly she didn't need to fly me out there, and that even if Brian did come back, I would just get the police. But Hailey said that wasn't why, that she really did want me to come out there and spend time with her. I remember her calling my town janky and unseasoned. I couldn't even reply to that because it was true. This place is terrible, and I'm glad I'm getting out of here, even if it's only for a week or two. Mike even let me get sometime off.

"Cassie?" I heard from a couple feet away from me. I furrowed my eyebrows and turned around to see Francesca waving at me.

Dang, I haven't seen her in a minute. A lot of stuff been going on, I honestly forgot about her a lil bit.

Okay, I really did forget about her.

Francesca waved over to me, and I told everybody to give me a second. I headed over to where she was standing. "Hi, how are you?" She asked giving me a short hug and a smile. "Good, you?"

"I'm good, just got back from Maryland. Really happy I'm home," She looked down and noticed my duffle bag. "Leaving or returning?" She asked pointing to my bag.

"I'm on my way to California to visit a friend." I told her.

"That sounds fun."

"Yeah, she's really nice." I nodded.

It was silent for awhile.

I cleared my throat and prepared to excuse myself, because there was obviously nothing else to conversate about so I could just go on, but Francesca ended up speaking.