𝑓 𝑜 𝑟 𝑡 𝑦 𝑠 𝑒 𝑣 𝑒 𝑛

Cassandra's Pov
October 12th 2021

Ok, so it’s the fourth week of school and nothing has really been going on. Well, not with me anyway. I been making sure I stay on top of my school work so my academics been going well, and I've been doing research on what I’m trying to do after I graduate. My counselor had been working with me since sophomore year and we already went over all the requirements I needed in order for me to get into a good college. 

I don’t exactly know what I’m finna major in or what job I’m tryna have, but I really am thinking. I used to play tennis a lot when I was little and I was really good too, but all of a sudden Mama and Dad stopped taking me to competitions. My Dad said they couldn’t afford it but I distinctly remember my Aunt Carrie putting all her money towards my stuff for tennis because she thought I could be the next Venus or Serena Williams. I thought she was really delusional for comparing me to them because there was no one in hell I was as good as them but it’s whatever now. 

Anyway, I’m sitting in the relatively crowded lunchroom eating on.. I don’t even know. I squinted at the label, it’s saying it’s some type of thing called Ottogi Ppushu Ppushu Bulgogi Noodle Snack. Hailey sent me a box of em after she repeatedly kept telling me to try it, and how it got her through a month of filming some horror movie in Asia. 

I kept telling her I would order them but she decided to take matters into her own hands. When I got it I was a lil let down because, honestly?

It’s nothing special. 

It tastes like a block of uncooked ramen with sum season. 

“Where are your friends?” I look up from my phone and see Reign taking a seat on the opposite side of the table. 

“Don’t really know,” I shrug. 

That was a lie.

Julia was in Mrs. White’s class making up work, Christiana skipped second period with Chris and their cousins and haven’t been back since, Asia went to that 7/11 all the way across town, and when I asked Alaska if she wanted to come chill with me at lunch she mumbled sum like ‘oh, go ask yo lil girlfriend to do all that’, so I let her ass go do whatever. 

Alaska been acting weird ever since I came back from California and she acts even weirder whenever somebody mentions Hailey. 

“Mm, okay.” Reign replies, pulling out a sketchbook and a Subway sandwich from her bag. “So, uh, how's school been going for you?” She asks after a while.

A soft yawn escapes my lips and I shrug. “Good overall. I’m mainly just trying to focus on my grades and stuff. What about you?”

“Same. Well, not exactly, like, I care about school but I only care about it because I need a highschool diploma to make decent money. Lowkey, I’m tryna to live in a van, go on some type of month-long road trips, and get more into astrology. I make music too but it’s hard getting in the industry without some type of connections, especially if you don’t make that type of stuff you hear on the radio, y’know?” She explains,flipping through already sketched on papers. It looks like she’s really talented.

“Do you put yo stuff on Spotify and stuff like that?” I ask and she nods. “What;s your name on there?”

“I’m not telling you.” She squints at me and I raise my eyebrow a bit. 

“Mhm, and you wonder why it’s so hard for you to make it now.” 

“Yeah, yeah,” She mumbles, giving up on finding a clear page and just drawing over old drawings. It looked like a lot of fourth dimensional, crystal stuff. Like, the all seeing eye and mediation, yeah, stuff like that.