𝒇 𝒐 𝒖 𝒓 𝒕 𝒆 𝒆 𝒏

Chapter fourteen

Cassandra pov

Hailey
My room is 622

Hailey
It's on the fifth floor

Hailey
I'll send you a Lyft if you want?

I texted back a 'sounds good' earlier I didn't think she was serious but she was. She had sent a Lyft to my location and it was on it's way. It made me a little excited but I know better to expect things from Hailey, but to also expect for her to disappear. Let's see how this day goes.

It was Friday and like six o'clock. I had came over to O'Sean's house because I didn't want to be alone with my dad. He said it was cool so I came over, now I was in his upstairs bathroom trying to look presentable.

I put on some lipgloss and I did my makeup a little, not too much though, and retouched my hair up. I got my hair braided at like five this morning because it was the only opening, so it already looked fresh but you could never be too careful I guess. I didn't have no lashes, which sucked, so I just ended up putting on a little mascara. In my eyes I looked really good. I had my black long sleeve that almost like a turtle neck, some black pants, and a gold necklace around my neck. I looked at myself in the mirror checking to see if I looked good and I did. Well I think do, and isn't that all that matters? I pulled out my phone and snapped a few pics. It was like two I liked out the million I took, but I just ended up posting one on Instagram.

I grabbed my bag and all my makeup products, making sure I cleaned up whatever mess I left, even though I'm pretty sure I left no mess, I still wanna be respectful in Mrs. O'Leary's house. I turned off the light and walked out the bathroom before going downstairs. O'Sean looked at me as I came down the stairs and he shook his head.

"You look good. How come you never look this good for me?"

"Boy, hush." Mrs. O'Leary hissed at him smacking him over the head with the newspaper. "This girl always look good." She looked over at me with a sweet smile. "You look great."

"Thanks," I said and at that moment my phone chimed. I looked at the notification and it said that my lyft was outside. "Alright, well that's my ride. Thanks for letting me spend a little time over here, Mrs. O'Leary." I thanked her and she gave me another smile and told me I was welcome anytime. I said bye to them both and left out the door, taking my bag with me.

The car was parked right out front the house. I got in and sat down, the doors closing automatically behind me.

Me and the driver didn't talk too much. He asked if it was too cool in the car and I said no. He switched to the RnB radio station a few seconds after I got in, I think he assumed liked that type of music. I mean he wasn't wrong I did like it. But I actually preferred the hip hop station. It's cool though.

I mainly was just looking out the window as we drove. I felt butterflies and my stomach. I'm never nervous about going anywhere, but I am now. I don't want to end up embarrassing myself. What if she ends up ghosting me again?

I really need to stop overthinking.

I'm gonna give myself a overthinking attack.

Is that a thing? Probably not.

I felt my eyes get droopy. No way, I'm going to sleep at six in the afternoon. Especially in this Lyft. What if I get kidnapped. Would people even look for me if I did end up getting kidnapped? I didn't even get to finish my entire thought because I felt myself drift off to sleep, and even though I tried to fight against it. I just couldn't. Whatever, I needed this nap.