𝑓 𝑖 𝑓 𝑡 𝑦 𝑓 𝑖 𝑣 𝑒

Cassandra's Pov
((December 23rd & 24th & December 25th))
• Christmas & Christmas Eve •

"You've had an eventful morning, Ms. Aiko." The doctor breathes out, pushing the curtain out the way so he can get into the room. "It's nice to meet you all. I'm Dr. Kelvin." He shakes Duke's hand with a smile before stepping in front of Hailey's bed. "The nurses tell me you took quite a fall and I'm very sorry to hear that. I'm also very sorry to tell you that after reviewing your X-Ray we've determined that it's sprained. You'll be wearing a boot for the next three weeks or so."

"Can't I just wear a cast?" Hailey looks up at him and he shakes his head, giving her a sad smile.

"Unfortunately, your sprain is a little too serious for a cast. When you fell you tore a ligament in your ankle. It's a minor tore but it's still a tear. We call it a grade 2 sprain. It explains the swelling, the bruising, and why you feel as if your ankle feels unstable. It's now unable to support your weight and the best thing to do in this situation is to stay off of it." He explains. "We'll supply you with crutches and the boot and then you will have to let it heal on it's own from there."

"Oh.. okay then," Hailey mumbles softly, glancing down at her foot that had I wrapped with bandages from CVS. I kinda thought it would stop the aching she was complaining about but I think that only works in the movies. A character could literally get shot in the arm and somebody would just rip off they shirt and wrap it around the wound, then everything would just be ok, like, no?? That's not how to work. I at-least had to try and see though.

"I'll send a nurse in and she'll prep your ankle for the boot." He says, glancing down at his clipboard before clicking his tongue.

"Ah, shoot. Mr. Kahel, do you mind stepping out for a second? I left the papers you need to fill out at the desk." Dr. Kelvin looks at Duke. "Of course," Duke stands up. "I'll be back shortly." He tells Hailey before leaving with the doctor.

"I'm sorry about your ankle." I speak after awhile.

"I appreciate that. I'm a dumbass for not seeing that stairwell anyway." She says as she starts playing with the rings on her fingers. "Sorry you're here and not asleep. You're probably tired as fuck."

"I really am." I laugh a bit and she laughs along with me. The laughter eventually dies down and I go over everything that led to the situation we in now. "If I ask you something can you.. be honest with me? Like, give me a honest answer?" I ask hesitantly.

Hailey looks at me for awhile before nodding slowly. "Go 'head.."

"Are you cutting yourself?" I look at her and she immediately stops holding eye contact.

After awhile she just ends up letting out a dry laugh, running a hand through her hair. "I did it for the first time a week ago." She pulls up her sleeve and shows the cut along with two other cuts I didn't even see at first. "I felt really bad about it but I promise I won't do it again-" She reaches for my hands but I pull away from her.

"I-I thought your mom signed you up to talk to a therapist on the weekends..." It's the only thing I can force out. It ain't like her talking to some certified professional is magically just gonna help her with the thoughts she be having but it might take the edge off.

"She did, I just don't go." She shrugs, backing off of me.

"You have to go." I glare at her and she glares at me in return. "Dude, I don't have to do shit. I'm fine."

"You're obviously not." I say, getting upset. "And why do you keep trying to convince yourself that you are? It's okay that you're not okay, alright? No one is against you for being in a unwell headspace. You're obviously going through something and it's fine that you don't want to talk about it but you're hurting yourself. Yo ass literally cutting open your wrist, do you think that's healthy?" I look at her and she stays silent looking at me, trying to form words of her own.