𝒇 𝒐 𝒓 𝒕 𝒚 𝒇 𝒐 𝒖 𝒓

Cassandra's pov
September 1st 2021

"What'll you two have today?"

"I'll take the steak with the mashed potatoes and the asparagus as a side." I give my menu to waitress after she writes down my order.

"The vegan alfredo, the spring minestrone, and the sriracha roasted cauliflower." Hailey mumbles, and hands her menu to the waitress, who walks away after a quick 'thank you'.

My flight leaves in less than seven hours and Hailey hasn't uttered a single word to me since we left her house.

I know she's upset about something or there's at least something on her mind but I have no idea what it is. If i'm being honest, if i did do something to her, i can't recall what happened cause everything that happened after the dream I had at the party is a big, nasty, sloppy ass blur. I didn't even mean to go in on that blur or anything, I'm just saying. We sitting down at a nice little place to eat from what I could see. My eyes scan the nailed down thin paper placed on the table that reads a little information about the restaurant.

Apparently Vanessa's all cuisine café originally opened in Bath, London in the 1990's but they decided to move their operation to America. They specialized in all different types of food cuisines since the family owned business was multi racial and constantly expanded. The reviews on the paper raved about their famous smothered pork chops, their sweetened iced tea, and their deep fried catfish served with your choice of Louisiana hot sauce or their own homemade hot sauce.

You would think with Vanessa's all cuisine café being right next door to a pilates studio populated with white women who sold cruelty free soap on etsy and being next door to a vegan market, and all three of them being smack in the middle of the whitest part of los angeles you've ever see, that they would barely have business but it looks like they been doing good for themselves.

The decor looks homey and gives off real gentle vibes, the air conditioner is on and it gives the place a little chill in the air. The windows are covered with thick black curtains, and the only source of light shines from the well lit candle placed on each table.

"It's nice in here." I mumble, and she continues to not address my existence. She starting to irk my nerves actually. If you don't wanna talk to me, why even invite me out?

"Okay," She places her phone downward on the table. "...I wanna tell you something."

"Okay, what is it?" I ask.

She let out a loud breath and looks up at the ceiling before sighing again. "So basically, I just think that.." She let her eyes roam around the restaurant before rolling them hard as fuck and letting her lazy gaze fall onto me. "I deadass think that you should stop drinking."

Her words are blunt and straight up. A few seconds ago her voice was small and wavering, but now it's as if she doesn't care how I take it, she only cares that she lets me know what she has to say.

It comes out of nowhere and it makes me pause for a second. "What?"

"I know you heard what I just said, Cassandra." She frowns and I turn my nose up at her.

"W-what made you even say something like that?" I stutter out due to me not believing the fact I'm actually having this conversation. Especially with her.

"I just feel like you drink a lot, I don't know. I mean.. you were pretty drunk last night." She shrugs.

"I'm a lightweight." I furrowed my eyebrows and she sighed.

"Can you stop taking offense to this?"

"You just told me you think I should stop drinking. This whole conversation is giving intervention. I'm not a drunk, Hailey." I told her, feeling myself get upset.