𝑡 ℎ 𝑖 𝑟 𝑡 𝑦 𝑓 𝑖 𝑣 𝑒

chapter thirty five

Cassandra pov

"Damn, you sure you're okay?" Hailey asked for the millionth time in two minutes, guilt and concern laced in her voice. She observed my knees for any sign of damage from the minor fall I took due to me falling off the ATV. I think the reason she is this concerned is because it was kinda her fault, she kept trying to push me to go faster and when I finally did go faster I ended up crashing into a tree. The ATV was fine, and so was the tree, but not my pride. It was real embarrassing, Im not gonna lie. But everybody wasn't even focused on that I almost busted my shit, just to see if I was alright. Still not enough to make the embarrassment go away. "I can't believe you did not teach her how to stop." Hailey says, glaring up at Andre.

"It wasn't his fault." I tell her quickly.

"He- Um, wait.. How many fingers am I holding up?" Hailey asks, waving her hand in my face.

She not even holding a specific number of fingers up. She just waving her hand in my face at a rapid pace. "None." I say and she gasps, slapping her hand over her mouth. "Holy fuck, bro. We gotta get her to a hospital." We all groan, except for Hailey, as we throw her heads back in annoyance.

"Please stop it. She's fine." Demi pleads and everyone mumbles in agreement.

"I really am." I tell her with a shrug. "The fall wasn't even that bad-"

"Ssh, don't talk baby, you're delirious." Hailey says in a hushed tone and pulls me in for an embrace, humming as she runs her fingers through my hair.

"Girl, get off of me." I say pushing her off of me.

"Awn, look at Hail going into one of her momma modes." Malik says and Hailey freezes into some type of trance before snapping her eyes up to glare at him and the humor on his face is gone.

Everybody quiet now.

It's people that aim to be as intimidating as Hailey is.

Wish she wasnt that intimidating though cause now the tension coming from them two is making everything awkward.

"Yo, that man said we got like twenty mo minutes until we gotta turn these in so what we finna do?" Jalen walks over to us, phone in hand.

Ooh, thank god for Jalen.

"Yeah, Imma ride again." Hailey tells him, standing up. A small smile comes to her face and her eyes brighten a little. "I got an idea." She says excitedly. 'I can tell,' I think to myself. "You should get on and ride with me."

Before I can say anything Deliah speaks. "Aht, girl you bet not. She does not have good speed control, and she doesn't like to slow down either. Save yo self the trouble, I'm telling you." She warns and Hailey shakes her head quickly. "Nah, nah, nah, I'm perfectly capable of slowing down. I promise." It takes almost ten minutes of convincing but she's really persuasive and now I'm the back of the ATV gripping on Hailey's waist tight as hell. Andre places a helmet over my head and Hailey starts it up and my hold on her waist tightens.

"You do know that you don't need to hold on to me this tight, right?" Hailey laughs.

"Shut up." I roll my eyes and loosen my hold a little.

Hailey twists on the gas a little, the motor gets louder, and the vehicle starts to move. She isn't wearing a helmet so I visibly see when starts to get excited and speeds up.

She laughs a bit as she drives in circles and the back of the ATV dips down quickly and returns back to it's normal stance and goes faster than the last two times. "Hailey, don't do that!"