𝑠 𝑖 𝑥 𝑡 𝑦 𝑠 𝑒 𝑣 𝑒 𝑛

Cassandra's Pov
((February 8th 2022))

"Um, so, can you make them look like this picture?" I pull out my phone, showing the nail tech a picture of some pretty looking square acrylic nails I had saved to one of my Pinterest boards a couple weeks ago. I just got out of school and since I didn't have work today I just decided to get my nails done. I didn't really have anything else to do or take care of so I'm doing this.

Both Henry and Elliot get out of the hospital today.

My Momma already got out a couple days ago so now they getting out. Henry had to have some type of surgery because the bullet was a little too close to his heart and it almost killed him, but now he recovering from it.

I don't know how they even managing to recover from the shots because that girl from Michigan seem to really know what she was doing, that's what the police say. They still don't know it's a girl by the way.

I haven't heard from Gus or the police in the last couple of days and as much as I'm hoping all of this just goes away, I know it's not. So, the plan is just to mind my business and stay out the way before everything start going wrong.

She raised an eyebrow, nodding. "Yes, yes. Take a seat and I'll have someone be right with you." She guides me to a desk and I sit down. "I'll have someone be with you right away, miss."

"Thank you," I reply politely, watching as she walks off and back to the front where it's a whole lotta other ladies trying to get they nails done too.

Thank God I came when I did. I would've never got seated.

I feel my phone buzz in my small purse so I open up my purse and pull it out, checking the notification and seeing it's from Eric.

eric👴🏾.
Can you meet us at the dane county airport tn? At nine probably

eric👴🏾.
This is Eric, ur favorite brother in law by the way

Me
😭😭I know who this is lol I literally sent you my new number the other day

eric👴🏾.
Right, right

Wait a minute. Did he say us?

Like, more than one person??

Me
What do you mean us?? Is Hailey gonna be with you?

eric👴🏾.
No, she's still at the place. It's just gonna be me, Andre, and Dahlia

Me
Then why are you three coming?

eric👴🏾.
Damn, sister-in-law 🤨... What you don't want us around or something?

Me
😭Noo it's not that! I was just wondering

eric👴🏾.
Mhm. Whatever you say, Kidd. 🙃 We'll be landing at nine so we gonna see you then

Me
Alright <3 Have a safe flight

eric👴🏾.
Fasho

"Can you show me reference photo?" A Chinese man asks, taking a seat across from me and scooting in closer to the desk. I open Pinterest and show him the picture and he glances up at me. "Do you want it to look like that? Like - in very similar way or no?"