Trembling lips

Começar do início

Damon. Well Damon is still the cold heartless person that acts like my dad. He wouldn't reveal the password to me just to keep me out of this mess. Too late.

With a painful push, I drag myself towards the wall so I can rest my head and body on the cold tiles. I leave a trace of blood on the ground and scrunch my nose at the sight of it. I let out a sight of relief as I slump against the wall, the coldness of the wall numbing the burning heat of my wounds.

"Our parents have had something very dangerous in possession for quite some time. They managed to get it when we weren't even born and it's been in a vault since they laid their hands on it. It's powerful and can make the world tilt upside down in a few seconds if it gets out in the real world. So they decided to lock it up in a very safe place, somewhere very few people could have access to. Only family should be able to get to that. You hear me ? Only family. Damon. Leo. Me. Ethan. Greyson. You. Don't forget that."

Blake's voice rings inside my mind, as I recall the first time he ever spoke absout the keys. It was after the party that turned out to be hell somehow. The very same party where I ended up drugged and in the arms of...

Fucking asshat Elijah.

This place at least made me understand and think back to all the times Elijah actually tried to get to my necklace without succeeding. And it makes me ask myself if all the time we spend together, he just had the same goal graved into his mind ; the keys.

The kiss we shared for exemple at the party, it was all a distraction.

Just so he could slip the fucking drug into my cup and make me come with him. Just like the Italians that attacked us minutes later was all planned out by him. I was just a pawn all along.

Fuck focus Magnolia.

My mind keeps getting distracted by the smallest things and I feel like I might explode with the many thoughts that push their way inside my brain. The silence in this cell makes me go crazy.

The password. I need to focus and ignore this throbbing pain in my head.

"...So they decided to lock it up in a very safe place, something very few people could have access to. Only family should be able to get to that. You hear me ? Only family. Damon. Leo. Me. Ethan. Greyson. You. Don't forget that."

Don't forget that.

I didn't Bee, but where is the fucking answer to my question ?

Only family. Only family can access to the vault. Damon, Leo, Blake, Ethan, Greyson, Me.

I swallow difficulty, as I think of the chronological order of the names he mentioned. From oldest to youngest. It must be something, a clue... anything.

I nearly choke on my saliva that is mixed with blood, as I think of the only possibility to this password. The first letter of each name in chronological order. It has to be it.

Shit.

D, L, B, E, G, M

It has to to be the password.

"Six letters Magnolia, fucking give me these SIX FUCKING LETTERS !" I recall the words of Alejandro Mariano, and all my body tenses as realisation hits me like a truck. I know this fucking password now.

I let out a sight, not knowing if it's because of relief that I finally found a part of the answer of this torture or because of anxiety that this whole vault thing is maybe only the beginning.