(156) Let Me Ask Them To Prom, Please - Logicality (but LAMP friendship :) )

Comenzar desde el principio

"Good, Charlie and Jacob came to visit on Saturday. Were there any conversations I missed?"

"The Prom theme has just been announced!" Roman almost shouted in Logan's ear - nothing much had changed since he was seven years old. "The theme is 'Childhood'." The drama student said dramatically, waving his hands as if rainbows would come out of them. "And JD-lightful here wants the four of us to go as The Wiggles!"

Virgil choked a giggle as Roman's dramatics, rolling his eyes and raising an eyebrow. "What? The Wiggles were dope between 2004 to 2008! Fuck romantic expectations!" While dressing as The Wiggles would be fun, Logan would adore to pretend he was in a romantic fanfiction for just one night. "It's not like any of us are each other's romantic plus-one. It's just lucky Pat managed to get us three plus-one tickets."

"All I did was outline that polyamory is valid and should be respected by the Prom committee. It was for a good cause." Everything Patton did was for a good cause, he was such a good person. He volunteered at the local animal shelter and offered free babysitting for poorer working families in his dad's elementary school. He was perfect in every single way and Logan couldn't imagine not thinking of him...

"Earth to the neeeerd...." Virgil's tanned hand was waved in front of Logan's face, and the nerd blinked in order to communicate he had landed on earth again. "There he is. The bell just rang."

Logan coughed to clear his red cheeks and smiled pleasantly again. "Delightful. We have AP Literature don't we Pat?" Patton nodded happily and began walking down the corridor, Virgil and Roman walking the other way to what Logan believed was a Fine Art class. This was perfect though. 

Patton was chatting about the new book they were starting this week that he had already read while babysitting over the weekend. Then he talked about the little 2 year old girl he was babysitting. Overall he was just being cute. "Hey Pat?" The nerves eventually pushed Logan to speak, and Patton immediately silenced. Logan's heart was beating but he had to push through this. "I have a question to um - ask you."

"Give it a go, cookie-dough." Patton chirped the adorable sentence he said whenever his friends seemed nervous about something. But before Logan could gather the courage to ask the question he felt a sudden weight and dramatic scream on his back.

"GUESS WHO'S JUST BEEN TRANSFERRED TO AP LIT! I can't believe I forgot to tell you two!" Roman screeched, laughing and walking between the two glasses wearers. Well - that destroyed all of Logan's courage to ask now.

*****

Logan didn't share any other classes with Patton until lunch. His period before the lunch break, Molecular Physics, he had alone because not many sane people wanted to put themselves through extra science classes. But when he finally escaped his class he was happy to find Patton alone in the canteen with his lunch. Usually he and Roman had their math class together just before lunch.

"No Ro and Verge today?" Logan said as he sat down opposite Patton with his somehow mushy and moist potato salad. Patton nodded, showing that the blue wristband had been changed to green. Logan changed his mind to they/them pronouns automatically.

"Roman said he had extra drama class for his performance at the end of the year, we really need to get tickets." Patton's eyes glowed as they talked about how proud they were of Roman... God they were so beautiful. They talked for a little about how Virgil was probably going to support Roman as he volunteered as part of the backstage crew but Logan was distracted by their beautiful blue eyes. "Oh, didn't you say you had a question for me before English?"

Logan came back to life remembering that he was indeed about to ask Patton to Prom earlier in the day. The courage disappeared whenever Roman and Virgil were close by as he didn't want any clue of a relationship to be out just yet. He just wanted Patton all to himself. But now the pair were alone and Patton was leaning closer excitedly with a glimmer in their eyes.