43

"Tenzo watch out!!" Teruya exclaims, hand grabbing at the boy's shirt and yanks him backward. An explosion immediately sets off, smoke rising and fire spreading.

"What the hell?!" The Uzumaki cursed, eyes stinging because of the dust that entered his eyes. 

"Who are you?" Tenzo demanded from the intruders. Two masked people appeared from within the smoke, but they left no time for idle chatter. 

Teruya felt a sharp sting on his face, and before he realized, he was crushed against the wall, face stinging from the punch he received. 

"Ow!" A leg came swinging at him and he blocked the attack, returning the damage. 

"Tenzo who are they?!" Teruya yelled, utterly confused. These guys came out of now where when he was peacefully eating his lunch. How dare they disturb his meal? He was having a proper meal after a million years and these guys had to ruin it!

For a moment, Teruya was angry for the very reason that these guys interrupted his peaceful meal.

He glared at the masked man, hand creating a blue ball of high speed chakra, "You'll regret ruining my lunch!!" he shouted and lunged at the man. 

*

Crows set off in flocks, escaping from something in the forest. Kakashi stopped in his tracks and looked at the birds. 

Something must've happened there.

The team stopped at the halt of their captain, "What happened, taichou?" asked a Hyuga from behind. 

"Nishino-san, please use your byakugan and check what's happening ahead of us." answered Kakashi, and the male obeyed. 

Byakugan!

Veins appeared around those clear lilac-colored eyes. Nishino was proud of his Hyuga lineage; these very eyes that gave him the power of great utility. Six hundred meters in front of them, was a building with chakra running haywire. 

He looked a little further and observed four chakra signatures, and recognized one of them. 

"I see Teruya-san's chakra." the Hyuga states confidently after proper observation. "I have sights on three unknown enemies."

"Do you see the chakra of a ten year old?" Kakashi asks, which seemed uncharacteristic of him. Nishino was a little confused, but nevertheless answered, "I see a chakra signature significantly lesser than the other three, so the fourth must be the child you speak of.

"Do not engage in battle with her." the silver-haired ordered, "now let's go.

"Hai!

The team of four swiftly followed the boy. For some reason, Kakashi seemed a little different for this mission. 

Frankly, when the three nin who were selected for this mission found out that they were to follow the orders of Hatake Kakashi, their expressions soured at the thought of working with the thirteen year old. 

Kakashi had an infamous reputation of being so solely focused on the mission, uncaring of his teammates and would not hesitate to kill if he had to. 

Is this really the Kakashi I've heard of? This doesn't seem like Kakashi.

*

Teruya cried, "JUST DIE ALREADY!!" The mask figured went flying meters away from where Teruya stood. The Uzumaki was panting heavily, concrete wall falling to the ground unceremoniously while the intruder just got right back up as if nothing happened at all. 

"What the hell are you?!" Teruya shouted in annoyance, and at that exact moment, a series of wooden vines rose from ground, making him lose balance. 

The masked figure suddenly spoke, "Oh, you are the one with the cells of Hashirama.

Tenzo felt a spine chilling gaze through that mask. Those words seemed to have a different meaning. 

Teruya swiftly regained his balance and made a quick assessment of the situation. 

First of all, none of Orochimaru's ANBU or the snake himself wasn't making any moves on the ruckus. Maybe the Sannin had escaped after having experimented enough on Teruya.

No, Orochimaru would never allow his experiments free. So why? questioned Teruya, catching his breath as his blue eyes gazed upon the scene before him. Tenzo was having a hard time defeating the enemy. 

An undead being...Just like white Zetsu.

A serious expression slowly formed, eyes on high alert when he connected the dots together. No way, it couldn't be. 

Uchiha Madara?!

For a single moment, Teruya heard the chirp of a thousand birds before a flash of bright light blinded him. And as a moment is defined as a brief period of time, so was the serenade of the thousand birds. 

Teruya's vision returned as quickly as it had disappeared, and he was in a ready stance. At first, he noticed the owner of the jutsu, which unmistakably belonged to Kakashi. But Teruya jerked backwards when he met eyes with the masked male. 

The mask cracked with a loud sound and fell into pieces. The man bore a smile akin to the devil, laughing maniacally as his voice boomed in the likeness of thunder. 

"Nice to see you again, Naruto.

Naruto flinched, heartbeat palpitating as his shaking blue eyes glued onto the figure. 

That face, that voice, those eyes.

It was him. Anyone would recognize those cursed blood red eyes. 

Uchiha Obito.

**

written; sunday, april 24, 2022

published; sunday, april 24, 2022

lmao i wasn't planning on doing that, but i think that was the best plot twist i've had in a while xD

anyway, greetings! I hope you have a great day ahead <3

(I'm going to change the cover lol)