4

Publishing date: 06/12/2020

Edit: 17/01/2021

-X-

Disgusting.

It was smelly enough for the two men to cover their noses with their hands. Kurama, or rather Naruto in this situation had an apologetic look on his face. He couldn't anything about the smell unfortunately.

He had to live with it ever since he met Kurama and the most he could do was reduce the intensity of the smell.

Any more and then they'd die.

As they walked closer and closer, the smell seemed to have reduced drastically. Infact, they were even smelling flowers.

"I've even put an air freshener so don't worry."

Hiruzen exchanged glances with Minato before they nodded. The blond man first released his nose and took in a deep breath.

'It's better.' He gave the Hokage and 'ok' sign and he did the same as well.

"Well anyway, welcome to my mindscape although I seriously don't know how to release the jutsu Ino cast on me."

***

"Yamanaka clan jutsu. I should be able to release it." the old man said observing the formula of the seals. The teen's face brightened up drastically.

"Thank goodness you did. Ino said it was impossible to open it. Maybe grandpa-"

'Teruya.' Kurama warned.

"Uhhh yeah...Maybe the Sandaime is just really good at it?" Naruto corrected himself.

Minato raised an eyebrow. Grandpa. He was about to say that. Was. An unsettling feeling was slowly rising from the pits of his stomach and he couldn't do anything about it. He was a man of calm demeanor, strong and smart.

But this young man right here, gave him the shivers. Something nostalgic. Something...out of this world.

He shook his head. Never mind that now. They had to focus on what was going to happen next.

"It was a crazy battle'dattebayo." the time-traveler began, explaining as the memories started rolling by.

"I didn't think a 5th Great Ninja War would start almost immediately after the 4th, but it did. Nearly wiped out humanity."

"That is, except me of course." he whispered. "So currently I suppose that the 3rd Great Ninja war is going on?

"Yes." Minato responded carefully, a still suspicious about the teen.

'The 3rd Great Ninja war acts like a catalyst for the 4th Great Ninja war.' Kurama said after deciding that Naruto was no good at explaining things.

The attention was on the beast now. From the corner of his eyes, he could see the future 4th he had killed before. Hatred was a feeling he was always filled with. Especially when it came to Minato.

Damn Minato.

The one who sealed him into a baby.

And Naruto's features awfully reminded him of the 4th. It was surprising to think that he was the son of the very man he killed.

"What do you mean by catalyst?" the Sarutobi asked this time.

Silence.

Naruto opened his mouth to speak.

"Hatred brews hatred. Especially in messed up shitty world like this."

Hiruzen raised an eyebrow, an amused look on his face. 

"The third war killed many people as you can see now as well. It's a very complicated story and I don't want to give away much because knowing the future has it's costs."

***

"My sensei, a friend, myself, the 5th Kazekage and  Tsuna-" Naruto paused at the slip he had nearly made. "And the Gondaime were left. The first to die was the Gondaime. Then the Kazekage and my friend.

Naruto looked down to the floor, trying to suppress the lump that had formed on his throat.

"A-And...and my Sensei was the last to die leaving only me." he choked out. 

That image was still there. Those eyes just staring at him.

"I swear they'll never get their way." He clenched his jaws. 

'Kit, you forgot one more important thing."

Naruto wiped away a tear.

"Yeah." He looked up to the two men infront. 

They flinched seeing those determined pair of blue eyes.

"I've come to save the future although it is going to be difficult. You've got to believe me'dattebayo."

"..."

"I believe you Teruya-san."

The first one to speak was the blond haired man.

"Minato." The Hokage gave him a surprised look. Minato wasn't a man of impulses and he never did anything without a reason.

"Because I believe that emotions as strong as that cannot be replicated nor duplicated. Memories with comrades, friends, family can never be made up."

Family.

Just what is family?

People related to you by blood? Ancestors? People who love you unconditionally despite your short comings? Loving someone and to support them even if it's hard?

Who knows? You only the true meaning of family when you are part of one. And even more so when you understand the value of being one.

The teen had never been anymore closer to his father than he is now.

To be Continued

So I've made TONS of changes buuuuutttt, I'd say that this is a better version of what I wrote initially oof.

This also has lesser than before so sorry 'bout that.