40

Kakashi rushed to the village, leaving the girl he found this evening. He had to meet sensei, or else Konoha would miss the chance to capture Orochimaru once and for all. As the Hokage building loomed over the horizon, he noticed an odd atmosphere resting in the building. 

The workers were unusually busy and did not even spare him a glance as he walked past the reception. 

Maybe I cut myself off from the latest news a bit too much, Kakashi thought as he stood before Minato's office.

Kakashi opened his mouth to speak when suddenly, he was cut off. "Sen—" Kakashi's hand barely even grazed the door to knock when another person came out and bumped into him, causing the two of them to stumble to the ground. 

"Ow...

Kakashi grunted as he picked himself up, lifting his head to have a look at the person who crashed into him. 

"Oh, isn't this Kakashi?" a voice exclaims, recognizing the Hatake. 

Kakashi too noticed the red hair that unmistakably belonged to only one person in the entire village. 

"Kushina-san," he greets as he dusts his clothes. 

The Uzumaki female similarly brushes the hair out of her face and grins at Kakashi, happy to see his face after a long time, "I heard that you were training, did you finish or are you taking a break? But knowing you, you probably wouldn't take a break, right?" she says and Kakashi had to agree. 

"I usually wouldn't take a break, but I have something urgent to report to Minato-sensei," the boy replies, "so if you would excuse me, please," Kakashi dips his head politely and looks up at her, expecting her to move. 

"Oh, of course! Go ahead," Kushina steps aside and gestures to the door. Kakashi steps into the office, and the door shuts by itself. 

***

It's a lazy Wednesday afternoon, the time when most kids take their naps, Academy students have their lunches and birds rest in the shade of the cool trees. In the Kazekage's house, a woman with her two children are in the living room. The woman is doing embroidery while both her children are sleeping.

Oh, but one of them was awake. 

Kankuro takes very long naps, as observed by Temari. As the elder sister, somehow or another, she always ended up knowing things about her younger brother(s) she herself was not aware of.  And right now, she wished the same to happen with her memories.

One moment she was dying, and the next, she was in some void space for who knows how long, and suddenly she's two years old. 

But sooner or later, she managed to connect all the dots all within the span of a week (thank her brother Kankuro). They had been transported back in time. 

Now of course, time travel seemed like the most absurd thing in the whole world, but after seeing her mother alive, she changed her mind.

Learning of Teruya's existence was a rather easy task that was accomplished. One of their shinobi were going through a bingo book and Temari managed to snag it from him as he was busy chatting. The first pages of the book had a well detailed drawing of an 'Uzumaki Teruya' sporting blonde hair, dark blue eyes and the noticeable headband resting around the ninja's neck. 

'Hah, Naruto managed to get himself here as well? Heh, main character privileges!' she had thought, carefully reading through each information word by word. Nothing much was given except for his name, status and affiliation.