26

tw; swearing

While Teruya was walking after having the little chat with the Hokage, a small figure, barely reaching his torso bumped into him. He was so surprised because he had barely sensed the person before they had already crashed into him. 

"Ow!

Teruya looked at the figure more clearly and gasped, "Is that little Itachi?" he whispered, at the same time helping the small boy up. 

"Sorry!" said Itachi while taking the chance to catch his breath, "I really-" Itachi paused to have a good look at the person before him. 

'Isn't he the rumored Uzumaki Teruya-san?' 

"I'm so sorry, are you hurt??"

All it took was a split second before Itachi finalized his decision of asking the jounin for help, "Teruya-san, can you help me please?" Itachi asked in a tone of seriousness. "My cousin Obito and his teammate Rin-san are currently fighting an intruder and-"

Teruya cut the boy off, "What!? Where? Are they hurt?" he exclaimed.

Itachi shook his head before gesturing to the jounin to follow him, "They're at Rin-san's house. I didn't get to take a very good look at the intruder but they were very strong and capable of handling a Sharingan." Itachi explained as the jumped from the rooftops. 

"Oh, Obito has gotten his Sharingan already?" Teruya hadn't known that since after that mission, he was immediately commissioned to the base in Amegakure. 

Itachi hummed, "We're here. Please be careful Teruya-san. I'll bring more jounin or chunin if I can." Teruya turned back to Itachi and gave a serious look, "I don't think you should." And then he had gone into the house. 

Itachi stood there confused, his body stiff with the adrenaline of excitement coursing through his veins. Of course, as a shinobi, he had to bring reinforcements. This unknown intruder could've been anyone and while he had heard about the feats of the young Uzumaki, he had never seen his skills himself. 

But his heart was telling him to listen to the blond haired man. There was something about those words that was sounded so...desperate. 

'Stay safe,' And with that final thought, the boy left, leaving the jounin to himself. 

***

"ARGHHHH WHY ARE YOU SO SLIPERRY???

The crashing sounds of a body were what Teruya first heard when he entered. Of course him being him, he had been a bit too careless to not check the chakra signature of the enemy, because he was in for a disgusting sight when he stepped into the kitchen.

His eyes opened wide at the site, "What the fuck Obito?!

There stood  Black Zetsu in all its glory, while Obito had fallen to the ground, Rin long fainted with a knife stuck dangerously close to her stomach, while unnaturally tilting to the bones of her hips. 

"Oh shit Rin! What happened?"

Zetsu who was alarmed at the sight of the newcomer had decided to escape, but from the swift movements of the Uzumaki, the creature had been bound by chains that seemed to be protruding from his chest. 

Those yellow eyes and sharp teeth...

It was a traumatic experience to the Uzumaki when the two made eye-contact. Flash backs and memories of the war came to the young man and all Teruya could see was black. He was surrounded by that fear again

The irrational fear of losing his friends all over again—

But they were already gone. Dead like the fallen leaves of the autumn tree.

'Shit don't think just don't think don't think don't think don't—'

"Oh shut up and let me help doofus!" The voice was like the last drop of the rain, falling to the earth in slow motion while the entire Earth goes still. 

He was back. 

"Kurama...!

A faint smirk fell over the kit's face when the ciel blue eyes turned into a feral black and the bright blond hair had turned into a fuzzy orange. 

Kurama had taken over Teruya and that's when the real battle started. 

"W-what is that?" Obito faintly murmured as he struggled to keep his eyes open, strained from the over use of his Sharingan and the fatigue after the long and arduous battle. 

Naruto dashed into the now-free creature as he came in with a bright blue rasengan powered by the chakra of Kyuubi. Black Zetsu had split and now there was his other counter part, White Zetsu. Had it been the real Naruto, he would've laughed and mocked the figure of the Black Zetsu, it resembling a Venus flytrap but now, that young boy was gone. 

The power of the two was tremendous, surprising even the Uzumaki. 

"What did you do huh? Did you eat Madara to become this strong?" Naruto grunted as he traded blows with the black one, the other one occupied by his other shadow clone. The blue ball of chakra barely slipped by, inflicting a small swirly mark on the hand of the creature. 

'Huh, why is it not healing back?' The creature took a quick glance at his damaged hand before he was dragged back into the battle by the Uzumaki. 

"Who are you to know of the status of Uchiha Madara?" the creature snarled instead, avoiding the question. A swift kick was delivered to its face as it went crashing across the walls, dust flying. 

It was a good chance to run away, but once again, bright gold chains surrounded it and grabbed him, squeezing the life out of him. 

"I said TELL ME!!" Naruto screamed at the creature, the energy of the Kyuubi fueling the furious emotion he was feeling. What right did this thing have over their life? Who was the Otsutsuki to eat planet Earth?

"Ugh—" The other creature came crashing in, right beside the black one, with the same chains holding it. 

"This guy is too—" Before White Zetsu could say anything, a punch to its face shut him up. 

"I'll kill you." Naruto murmured, feral and furious eyes glaring at the creatures. The gaze sent shivers down their spine. "But not yet. I need you to tell me where Jigen is.

And that's when time had seemingly stopped for the creatures. Because that's when they knew that they weren't dealing with someone normal.

No...this person..

He wasn't ordinary.

He was the one from the prophecy. 

-x-

Got inspiration to write a chapter after someone left a comment. I was so overjoyed, like I am not kidding. Thank you for that wonderful comment. It really made my day! :D

written; saturday, october 16, 2021

published; saturday, october 16, 2021