That didn't really work... cause' the man was familiarized with his deep dark room.

Most of the SMP and other fraction were there. The two boys noticed that Quackity and Karl weren't here --- either Quackity didn't want to go and Karl disappeared to who knows where again or they could be messing around with each other --- along with Technoblade and Phil. But, surprisingly, Ranboo was there!

"The server really has changed." says Tubbo, making Tommy grin. "Let's give Big Dick a good birthday... He needs it." The blonde says, looking away, a bit embarrassed. Tubbo laughs, dragging Tommy along.

The preparations were done. All that was needed... was the birthday man himself. George looked nervous, waiting for Sapnap to bring Dream down the stairs from his room. Sapnap comes back down, frowning, "We may need Techno. And maybe Phil too. Hey, Puffy, you could help too." The woman nods, walking up with Sap while Sam calls Techno and Phil.

The poor man was dazed out on the floor, breathing was slow, and his eyes glazed. He held Eclipse, a little tightly, in his arms and petting him in a way for his own self comfort. "Duckling? Baby, are you okay?" Dream doesn't answer, staying his position and his petting action. "You can speak anytime. Techno and Phil will be coming soon. I won't leave, okay?" Puffy says quietly, petting Dream's hair softly.

The party was canceled, people understood the situation and left with no complaints. Techno and Phil arrive shortly, Tommy and Tubbo following behind. "Hey bud. You doin' alright?" The piglin asks slowly lifting Dream's head to put on his legs. Dream seems to notice the pink-haired man, slightly nuzzling into the warmth. "Bad day?" Techno asks. He could feel Dream's head move, saying yes.

The two other men look from the door way of the darkroom, Puffy smiling at them. She looks down at Dream, "Baby, is it okay if Tommy and Tubbo come closer? They have some gifts for you. If you don't want that, it's okay." Dream looks at the two boys, sighing. He shakes his head up and down as he sat up and let Eclipse go, making the two boys smile. They give the man the three presents; Dream slowly opening one by one. A handmade green sweater, toys for Eclipse, a clay painted turtle made by Michael. Tubbo smiled as he watched Dream put the clay sculpture down gently, not wanting to break it. His son would really appreciate that.

"Are you... alright, man?" asked Tommy, hesitantly. Tubbo watches, smiling into his hands. Dream shrugs, bringing his knees into himself, "Meh." The blonde laughs softly, getting comfortable on the soft carpet and the dark room. "We should hang out sometimes, maybe start over and actually try to understand each other?" Tommy says sincerely.

Dream looks up warily, eyebrows furrowed and fidgeting lips. "Uh....mmm." He looks away, thinking. "Maybe..." Tommy smiles - even if it was just a maybe, that meant they had a chance to get him back. The Dream who'd just start random religions, his wheezing, the constant insults that are meant to be laughed at.

Tommy missed that Dream.
And he'd help get him back.

-----------

Dream looked at his door. There was this overwhelming urge... A urge to be free. But wasn't he already free? He could just leave and forget that he'd ever been a loner like this!

He feared the outside world.

That's why he didn't go out of this room.

He was afraid of how people thought of him after his actions.

They were so kind to him, they constantly cared for him. Even if he scared and traumatized them.

He was afraid of...

Freedom?

Why though?

Why was he walking out the dark room?

Why was Eclipse following him?

Why was he staring at the things outside his room?

Why was he....

The sun was warm, it felt nice.

It was bright but it was better than his room.

The grass was soft, cushioning his barefeet.

The air was clean, his lungs were thankful.

It was comfortable.

Too comfortable.

But that was okay.

Because he was content and comfortable.

-----------

AND THATS THE END!!!

The request im working on is like... halfway done. I plan to make it very long to make up for the long break lol.

oh yeah, most of the dreams in my au's are literally barefooted. they have no shoes, wtf. dream from "cold" has no shoes.

okay byeeee

[EXPLODES]