Shelter

•Song Inspired: Shelter - Porter Robinson, Madeon
•Lyrics of this song are edited and switch around to fit the oneshot!
•a rushed oneshot
•Absolute cringe and I'm such a dream apologist. I'm aware 😔
•Literally platonic dreambur just doin' some music time
•DREAM'S VOCALS HAVE IMPROVED 👏😤

Dream watched his SMP grow and grow. He made this Shelter for his friends and friends of those friends. Now, he's in prison. Sam comes to deliver food to him and over hears a guitar and some singing...

Myikee (me) Note: I just wanted to clarify that I'm not doing requests. Just in case you didn't read the desc;

"I will never ever be making any requests as these are just oneshots I can practice my writing and imagination on. Their won't be too many oneshots as l'm not one with a ton of imagination and motivation Imao."

(ALSO NOT ME WHEEZING AT CRYING DREAM BLOB-)

-------

Sam was tired, it was late at night and he had to build Tommy's hotel. It wasn't that bad, building things like this is normal. He built the prison, which was a huge project. Speaking of the prison, Sam thought about checking on the only prisoner.

'Might as well take a break.' He thought to himself, putting all his blocks and materials away in a hidden chest by the construction area. He first walked to the community house, grabbing a few potatoes for Dream. He takes his sweet time walking to the prison as he was exhausted. He decided that he'd just go back home after checking on Dream, knowing that he wouldn't be able to work on the hotel with a tired body.

Sam goes through a secret entrance, not wanting to waste anymore energy on getting to Dream. He placed the potatoes he held on a single plate and made his way to the place. Walking there, he could hear a guitar. "Dream can't play the guitar...." Sam mumbled. He ran to the security room, good thing he had cameras just in case someone or something got out or in the main cell.

"I could never find the right way to tell you, have you noticed I've been gone?" Sam's eyes widen, Dream was singing and... Wilbur - Ghostbur - was there with his acoustic guitar. The ghost strums the guitar, playing a soft melody as Dream sang.

"'Cause you left behind the home that I made you. But I will carry it along," He places the plate of potatoes on the desk and got comfy in his chair.

"And it's a long way forward, so trust in me. You'll give them shelter, like I've done for you. And I know, I am alone, but I'll be watching over you. Until I'm gone."

Sam looked down, thinking about the lyrics. 'Until you're gone...?' He thought, closing his eyes as he listened to the calming guitar instrumentally.

"When I'm better, I'll be silent beside you. I know words won't be enough. And they won't need to know my name on my face. But you will carry on for them.
And it's a long way forward, so trust in me. You'll give them shelter, like I've done for you. And I know, I am alone, but I'll be watching over you."

"Until you're gone." Ghostbur sang, playing a little bit more immensely as he continued the song with a solo.

Dream softly sang, finishing the song, "Oh it's a long way forward, so trust in me. You'll give them shelter, like I've done for you. And I know, I am alone, but I'll be watching over you."

"Until..." Dream whispered as his voice cracked, putting his head down. He was crying, Wilbur knowing the blonde put his whole heart into these lyrics.

Sam quickly clipped this part of the footage, saving it in his computer and making sure the audio+video isn't corrupted. "Don't be sad, Dream. Soon enough... they'll understand." Wilbur said, making Sam stop. He knew what he had to do.

He was going make the people of the SMP understand what Dream had done for them.