Where Did He Go?

Dream is let out of prison out of guilt.
They thought that he'd be happy and be the usual social Dream. But all he did was avoid everyone.
This wasn't the change they wanted.

------

Inspired by a story on AO3 called Effects by hamham1o1

anti-social dream for the win
(except he's besties with a few people...)
dream has killed tommy and quackity has tortured dream.
no one knows what quackity did to dream yet. 🧍‍♂️
ALSO, LONG HAIRED DREAM
down to his waist 😎
they/them pronouns for my highness, eret 💕

also, in this au(?), the brightness of someones eyes is important to note. could help identify someones emotions or mental state, im adding bloodlust as well lol.
for example, tommy's eyes would be dull normally (due to trauma) but be a bit bright when he's happy.
literally everyone in the SMP would have slighty or fully dull eyes (the whole entire smp needs therapy...)

anyways, enjoy!

-----

It's been a week of Dream being out of prison. 7 days of constant avoiding and no socializing between him and the others.
They wanted to think it was just a way of planning evil things away from them.
But his behavior was unusal from the past villain Dream.

~

Day 1:

George and Sap were walking through the city, making their way to Punz's house to ask for a few things. They were having a pretty normal conversation- "I don't know why you think Axolotls aren't cute, they are literally the most cutest ocean animal." George argued. Sap scoffed, "They're just cute because you think so." George continued to argue while the other rolls his eyes. Sap's eyes land on someone familiar.

"George, George! Shh!" hushed Sapnap. George shuts up, directing his focus on the person. It was Dream, stealing flowers from Eret's lovely garden. "The first thing he does out of prison is steal?!" The brunette tries to go confront the man but Sap stops him.

"Look at his goddamn eyes." Sap whispers,

"What's wrong with them?" George asked, squinting. "They're yellow... but they look darker than before."
"Exactly! They're too dark for someone like Dream! Yeah, I get it, he's been in solitary confinement for a few months, but this?!" Sap rasied his voice, making Dream look up. His eyes don't change, he lets out a small but audible gasp. The blonde quickly picks up a basket of flowers and runs away, his long blonde hair trailing behind.

"Wait Dream!" Sap called out. Before he could even stop the man, he was already gone.

The two males stand there, thinking.

~
Day 2:

Quackity had a picnic date with his two fiances, Karl and Sapnap. It was special because it's been awhile since they've hanged out. He was always busy with Dream.

Busy torturing the man daily.

But now that Dream was out, he couldn't torture the man in front of people he's worked hard to have a friendship with.
He'd still try to make conversation with Dream if only he could meet him once. Maybe tease him a little, scare him with an axe or something.

Oh how unfortunate.

Dream had walked out of Niki's Bakery, just beside Quackity, with a basket of bread. The blonde looked tired with his head hanged over, maybe exhausted. Quackity smirked, picking up his walking pace. "Hey! Dream! How are ya?"

Dream looked up, making Quackity freeze in his footsteps. Once again,
His Eyes.
Nowhere like the usual Dream.
Quackity understood the reason behind his dead eyes, but, were they always that dark? The man sighs heavily, as if it was out of relief. He runs, leaving Quackity in a frozen pose.