Let's Try Again

•currently writing this in a car with my dad struggling to drive on snow
•roads are really covered in snow where i live
•holy shit we almost crashed
•cool
•The afterlife is different from what Tommy described it as, canonically
•Dreambur 😏 romantically
•Dream was already dead before the main and most significant war which i forgot what it was.
•most of the oneshot takes place in the afterlife
•im in bed rn, took about a few days to write this lol
•short and painless

'Dream' kills Tommy during their time in the prison cell. Tommy goes into the afterlife (same 2 months there, 2 days in the real world). He meets 'Villian' Wilbur, Jshlatt, Mexican Dream, and someone who isn't supposed to be there...

--------

Tommy shivered as he saw the grim smile on Dream's face. "What... what are you..." Tommy said, walking backwards. The man before him had his right hand clenched around a potato and the other empty handed but in a fist. He was scaring the poor teenager in front of him.

"You'll be the first to experience it!"

It felt long, Dream was walking slowly walking toward Tommy in a terribly menacing way. He couldn't move, nor could he process what to do.

Dream speed walks over, triggering Tommy's idea of running away. He was immediately jumped on. "STOP!!" Tommy screamed. The potatoes and Dream's fist landed on the young blonde's face.

Screaming...

Groans,

Giggles.

Then a haunting laugh was the last thing Tommy heard before...

Taking his
last breath.

"Tom..--"

"mmy..!"

"TOMMY!!"

Tommy jerks up, bumping his head against someone's head. "Oh fucccckkkkk---" The other person groaned. "Shit, sorry...." Tommy opens his eyes to see... His beloved older brother. "W-Wil?!" The young blonde panicked.

"Calm down, Tomathy..." The brunette in front of him said, rubbing both his and Tommy's forehead. "Pfft, your actual name is Tomathy?!" Tommy turns around to see Jshlatt -- currently playing poker? solitaire? I dunno, card games, -- with Mexican Dream.

The mexican gasps, "AYOO MANNN!! HOW ARE YAA??" Tommy awkwardly smiled. "I'm... doing well. Just, a bit confused. Scared maybe." He confessed. "How did you even die?" Wilbur said, surprisingly calm. "Oh, you know, just that bastard Dream beating me to death while we were both stuck in prison." Tommy said bluntly, getting up and dusting his clothes off.

He took a moment to look around. Flourishing trees, grass, flowers, it was an oasis. There was a nice blue river, a few small cottages that were colored specifically for certain people. This was the afterlife?

Tommy scratched the back of his head. "Well this wasn't what I expected... Thought the afterlife was worse than this." "I didn't expect it either but I got use to it. You will too, soon." Wilbur explained as he ate a piece of cake. "He keeps us well fed here..." Tommy, confused, mumbles out a small 'what?'

"Who's He?" The blonde asked, walking towards his older brother. "Oh... shit... Guess you don't know yet." Wilbur grabs Tommy's hand, dragged him towards a green and blue cottage. "He's currently talking to Dream." "Wait what? Who's talking to Dream? Who's this He?!" The younger yelled angrily. Wilbur, annoyed, shushes his younger brother, "Shh, just listen and look."

They lay their heads against the pastel green colored door, listening in.

"YOU JUST HAD TO DO IT!! REALLY?? NOW WHAT ABOUT ALL THE PEOPLE OUTSIDE OF THE PRISON?! THEY'RE GOING TO KILL YOU FOR KILLING HIM!! THEN YOU, YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO GET TO YOUR SHIT ASS GOAL!!" Another familiar voiced blonde screamed.

"Is that... that.. Is that Dream?! Why-" Wilbur covers Tommy's mouth.

"I can't fucking believe I trusted you. You killed the hero of the story and now- Wait... WHAT?!" There was a pause. "REVIVE HIM?! ARE YOU CRAZY?? YOU'RE GOING TO TRAUMATIZE HIM EVEN MORE! YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE!!"

"What am I even saying...? I'm an asshole too..." The man angrily sighed. Another pause. "Fine. I'll let you revive him. In two days. As long as you treat him at least a little bit more better than you use to..."

"Bye, you fucking little shit, I have a child to meet now."

They hear a long sigh and a few foot steps. "Goddammit..." The door opens, Wilbur and Tommy almost falling forward. "Heyo babe." Wilbur greeted his boyfriend. "Hi Wilby." The blonde turned his head towards Tommy. "Hello, Tom. Ma. Thy." He jokingly said.

Tommy ignored the mocking he was given. "Y... You're here in the afterlife. And that means..." "Yeah, I'm dead. You'll get use to it and understand what's going on in a few days when we get you prepared." A long, uncomfortable pause....

"But first, before we hang out for a few months, let's start all over again." The man said, breaking the awkwardness.

"Hi, I'm Clay Wastaken. You?" Clay puts his hand out, signalling he wanted a handshake.
Tommy hesitates once more.

He sighed, giving a real smile. He places his head in Clay's.
"Hello, Clay. I'm Tommyinnit."