I wish to hear your voices again (Request)

Request from ave_estaa :D

the title... just sounds very depressing.

I finished and passed all my exams!!!
A Christmas special is in the making :)))

includes Sam, Dream, Punz, and Foolish being brothers
I really like this oneshot short, with hurt/comfort :)

I'm a sucker for good ends, I'm sorry lmaoo

not particularly a good end. mostly a semi-ambiguous ending but just know dream lives happily after. (or maybe, up to y'all)

Enjoy!

-------------

Breathe in.

Breathe out.

Breathe in.

Breath out.

Breathe in.

Breathe out.

Breathing has become much harder for Dream, his fallen ribcage laid against his lungs. 'All thanks to Quackity. Why haven't I respawned?' He thought, laying on his back on the cold obsidian. He turns his head, his right cheek touching the hard block beneath him.

It's not as hot as it was before, it was pretty cold for a cell surrounded by lava, for Exdee's sake. But as the internet says... When you're lonely, you're colder than before. Sulking in the loneliness, Dream could slightly hear TNT blowing up.

He groans, covering his ears.

He can sleep through this.

He can, he swears he can.

In the next hour, the explosions seemed to get closer and closer, as if the people outside were trying to annoy Dream. 'Why would they want to be by this damn prison??' The man complained. Another explosion happens. He covers his ears, waiting for the people to stop.

Then he uncovers them. Just the calming but daunting sound of the lava popping and flowing. He sighs in relief. Dragging himself and propping him up to lay on the wall. He rests-

BOOM!!

He crashes his head into his knees, clenching his eyes and covering his ears closed.
And then-

Ringing.

Ringing.

Ringing.

Ringing.

Ringing.

Ringing-

Until nothing.

He raises his head.

Did they stop?