Dead Brother

•when you see dead brother, it's dead brothers
•big brother dream and lil bro tubs (look, im obsessed with brother concept oneshots because, this is cringe, i see my brother as dream and i feel like tubbo 😩)
•the bullet point above made this oneshot seem like it was supposed to be fluff sjsja-
•short ass oneshot

:)

-----

Dream was always one to leave and forget people as he lives.
Dream was a heartless brother.
At least that's what Tubbo thinks.

It wasn't until Quackity-
Killed Dream.
And that was the final strike for Tubbo.

Quackity laughed as he tortured the person he hated the most in the SMP. Dream helplessly laid on the ground, letting the insane man hurt him.

There was nothing he could do, this was bound to happen.

As Quackity's torture gets more intense, Dream starts to loose his consciousness. His body felt like shutting down. He couldn't even feel the slashes, punches, kicks- Nothing.

He couldn't take it anymore.

[Dream was slain by Quackity]

[Dream left a message. Please go retrieve Dream's body to read it]

Tubbo was building a mansion with his (platonic) husband and Foolish. It was a calm and easy day, even they had to build this huge structure. Michael, their adopted son, was in a temporary house being babysat by Puffy. Of course, Puffy had to take the job. She was Michael's grandmother. And she needed to be there as a grandfather-figure as well, Ghlatt was no where to be found.

What started off to be an easy day,
A message popped up.

[Dream was slain by Quackity]

[Dream left a message.....]

Puffy didn't dare to read the rest. She quickly picks Michael up and runs out. She sees Tubbo panicking.

"M-Mom- We-"

"Let's go now!" Puffy couldn't cry now, not until it was confirmed his eldest son was dead. Not until she gets to see her son once again. Puffy hands Michael to Ranboo, who was also panicking. The enderman follows his husband and mother-in-law.

"Da... where are we going?" Michael asked, tugging his father's tie. "W-We're just going to see your uncle!" Ranboo said, watching as they somehow get closer and closer to the prison. It was all going way too fast. Once they were at Snowchester, now they're in L'Manburg then to the SMP.

Michael didn't really know what was going on. He didn't know what 'slain' meant. He didn't even know who his uncle was or if he was actually his uncle. But whoever his uncle was, he really wanted to meet him.

There, they saw a crowd of people, asking what had happened and yelling. They still needed Dream to revive, and only revive, Ghostbur and maybe Ghlatt. But now,

Dream was dead.

Puffy shoves into the crowd and sees Quackity explaining everything, the man's usual demeanor wasn't there. He looked... Guilty.

"What did you do to my brother?" Tubbo said, startling his mother. He was furious. "Well I...." Quackity started. "I killed D-Dream! But you know what? He deserved to die!" The man panicked as Tubbo began walking towards him.

Walking pass Quackity, Tubbo glares at Sam. He turns to Puffy and waves to her, signaling that she should come with. Puffy walks to Tubbo, ignoring the stares from the crowd. The two disappear into the prison with Sam.

The walk was filled with uncomfortable silence. Sam didn't bare to look at the family of two, it was crucial to know that her ex-husband and now her eldest son was dead. He didn't want to see the sorrow in their eyes.

They finally got to the bridge part of his 45 minute process. Puffy hesitated, holding Tubbo's hand tightly. The young male held his mothers hand as well. Sam got put some extra obsidian and made a now permanent bridge, what was the point in using the moving one? The only prisoner was dead.

They weren't going to put anymore people in this inhumane building.

Puffy and Tubbo walk down the bridge, looking at the lava that coverd the cell's entrance. Puffy could already feel tears in her eyes, begging to burst. Sam had already lifted the lava before they even arrived at the end if the bridge. The anthropomorphic creeper places the last few blocks.

Sam walked out of the way, shuddering. The sight of his old friend was... terrifying.

Puffy immediately starts crying when she saw the blood splatters, the rope... Everything.
She was going to kill Quackity after this.

Tubbo...

Tubbo let goes of Puffy's hand and picks his older brother's head, sobbing. "DREAM! DREAM, PLEASE! WAKE UP! I STILL NEED YOU! I STILL NEED MY BIG BROTHER!" The young male shook Dream's body, hoping for some kind of response. He was hoping for a sign that this man wasn't dead. Not yet, not now.

Puffy ran over to hug Tubbo, crying with him.

Ding!

[Would you like to open Dream 's message?]

Tubbo stuttered, "Yes... please...."

The system, generated a voice... It sounded just like Dream himself.

"Hey? Is this actually working? Yeah! Great."

"This is my goodbye message."

"As an admin, I'm apparently able to leave messages anytime! I never knew that. Maybe I was too careless about acknowledging the the powers of an admin.".

"But anyways,"

"I'm sorry for everything."

"I'm sorry for the wars,"

"I'm sorry for the hate,"

"I'm sorry for hurting people,"

"I'm sorry for manipulating,"

"I'm sorry."

"It's may not be enough for everyone to forgive me, I get it. I did a lot of bad shit."

"It just started when Tommy and Wilbur made L'Manburg. I was just so angry. I wanted everyone to be united. No fractions, no groups, none of that. But of course, not everything can go my way."

"Tommy and Wilbur, before everything else happened, were really good friends to me. They brought fun and life to the SMP. But when they brought drugs... Destroyed this beautiful land... Betrayed some of my friends..."

"I was very furious."

"But it's all in the past."

"Either way, everything was my fault. I started this SMP so...  there's that."

"Fuck..."

"I'm so messed up."

"I am so fucking sorry, Tommy. Wilbur. George. Sapnap. Bad. Punz. Techno. Sam. Tubbo. Mom. Dad. Everyone."

"I didn't want to do it."

"Sam said Quackity was coming back this afternoon. He'll probably kill me today. I didn't obey him so... that's my fate."

"I've decided to go back to being in the void of admins and continue protecting the SMP. It's what I want and you all need to be safe. From me."

"So..."

"I love you all."
"Goodbye."

Tubbo wasn't satisfied with this message.
Dream wasn't supposed to die yet.
He still needed to meet Michael.
He needed to heal their relationship.

He needed to learn how to love again.

"Come back... Dream."