Snow

Dream was forced to be the executioner of the Eggpire after being prisoner for a few years. The few others that weren't infected stops the Eggpire's tyranny and saves everyone who was infected. It was a year ago, but Dream could never be saved from his torture.

-----

this was literally inspired by xiao's (genshin impact) backstory.
oh umm, spoilers for his backstory will be at the end.
i don't actually have xiao, i wish i did cause i love him sm and he's so precious.

the egg isn't alive but dream can still hear it's voice

this will also be almost short because im desperately trying to calm my anxiety for highschool and my probably going to be difficult japanese 2 class. im studying and refreshing my mind of things we learned back in japanese 1 so i feel like i can do it. but srsly, my anxiety won't go away lol

cha anyways, enjoy the angst, my darlings

-----

Dream picks up his axe, sheathing it into its case that hung around his waist. "Dream, where are you going?" asked one of his best friends, Sapnap. "Bad said that he needed help farming skeletons... I'll be back by 6." The blonde explained.

"Alright, stay safe." He heard Sapnap say as he walked out.

It was a snowy morning in the middle of winter. It wasn't too cold for Dream (he was use it. like the days he'd be forced to look out for non-infected people in freezing blizzards), he wore a simple fur coat. If he didn't wear it, Bad would go crazy and scold him for "almost" catching a cold.

Dream kept his head low. Even though he had his mask on, he couldn't bare looking at people. (the terrified looks of children and survivors as they watched dream drag their friends to the egg to be infected. sometimes, it would be dream cutting their heads off instead) He knew people stared at him, they knew he was... basically apart of the Eggpire.

Just looking at Bad made him feel uncomfortable. Infected Bad wasn't a good person, he was a merciless demon who followed a dangerous infectious egg.

Dream shook his head, waving back at Bad. "Dream! Thank you for coming to help. Are ya' ready?" The demon asked as he was finishing gearing up. "Yeah..."

Dream brought his axe up, swinging it down to killa skeleton.

kill!

He looked around, panicked. Another skeleton shot at him, making him go back to focusing.

cut off their heads! infect, infect!

Dream stumbled as he quickly finished off the shooting skeleton. "Dream, are you okay?" The blonde jumped, flinching as Bad placed his hand on his shoulder.

"M' fine..."

It was almost 6, they had gathered 2 chests of bones. All thanks to Dream's quick skeleton slaughtering. ("kill them quickly!" sam yelled, he was infected and in second command of the eggpire. "just do it, dream, or you won't have food for the next few days!" dream's hands shook as he cut the innocent person's head off in a second. "next time do it quicker, we have hundreds that need to be executed.) "Dream, would you like to stay over for dinner?" Bad asked, carrying one of the chests.

"No, sorry, I have to be home soon." The blonde plainly said. "Oh, alright. Then just leave that chest here, I'll see ya soon, hm?" Dream nodded as he took he leave.

He looked around, the white worsening his growing headache.

"wouldn't you like to feed the egg, dream? you're an important person of the eggpire, i think you deserve to have some dinner with the egg."

A blizzard roared around him, making it difficult to see.

"dream how could you!"

"why did you kill him?!"

"come back, duckling"

"no, please, no!"

"you really are a monster."

Dream ran as fast as he could, feeling sick as he could feel his ribs scratch against his under skin.

He could go anywhere, anywhere but Bad's, the prison, the central area, his home.

"Have you seen Dream? It's 7:30 right now!" Sapnap said, worried as he watch the snow outside fall furiously.

"Oh dear, what if he got stuck in the blizzard?!" Bad said, talking over the communicator.

"Shit! George, lets go look for Dream!"

Dream solemnly looked at his soaked gloves.

He just ate a handful of snow.

(he was starving, he needed to eat. the higher eggpire members didn't give him food. anything would suffice. maybe something cold. dream fell to his legs, feeling the cold snow damp the knees of his pants. he stared at the snow with contempt. he digs his scared hands into the snow, grabbing a handful. he brought it up to his face, starting to dig in.)

it was as if the snow was a pain remover, it made the blonde happy. there in the raging blizzard he feasted as his best friends watch with weary looks.

--------

genshin lore for xiao's backstory

before zhongli saved and took xiao in as his own adepti of liyue, another god had taken xiao as a bloodhound slave where he was forced to do cruel and messed up shit. he couldn't do anything but obey the god's order to eat peoples dreams and kill. at this point, i think xiao was really suffering in poverty and famine here or during the archon war. we could also say snow acted like a way of "painkillers" after eating the dreams of people or after using his ultimate elemental skill, Bane of All Evil.

yeah, i hope you enjoyed 👍💕