Comfortable

Dream is released but the smell of fresh air, the blinding light from the sun, and the soft grass on his bare feet make him feel sick.
He'd rather stay in a dark room with the comfort of the dim lighted lava.

a very bitter, no sweetness, ending.

i have school tmr but im kinda sick-
hopefully, i feel worse tmr so that i don't need to go to school 😬
not fully edited-
--------

Dream rubbed his beloved cat's head (it was a hallucination, the bloodied head of a poor cat was laying in his hand), lovingly. Midnight was Dream's only source of comfort. She helped Dream not be lonely in his humble abode (the home was built with obsidian, blood was scattered around the walls, the floor, even the ceiling. books laid on the floor with a simple, haunting :) writing on every page). Even though he couldn't remember what grass felt like or what even a "sun" was, he was always filled up with joy in his home.

Everything was calm now. (Or was it?)

The people outside are happy as well. As long as they're happy, Dream is happy.
At least he wasn't homeless anymore.
He was comfortable for once.

Dream got excited as he heard redstone working behind his orange door. People were here! They must've came to visit to see his beautiful (terrifying) home. Dream placed his cat on the ground, watching her roll away into a wall. He giggled as he got himself ready.

Surely, they were going to love his cat, his decorations, his home.

George shivered as he held Sapnap's hand. It's been a solid 1 year since he's seen him.
He missed him dearly.
He had wished he never agreed to send his own lover into this terrible place.

Sam was the first to come out with the thought of letting out Dream.
'I think we should let Dream out...'
'What? Sam. You know what he's fucking done, right? He's a manipulative bitch boy. He hurt all of us, and I'm sure he's hurt you too.' Is what Tommy said. Everyone had agreed, until Sam confessed his wrong deeds, 'I know, I just... I just think all of this is inhumane. I haven't checked on him ever since he killed you, Tommy. I've placed an auto feeder and only a few vials of ink plus a few books. I doubt he's... doing alright in there. I doubt he's even human.'

Everyone had stayed quiet.
'He hasn't received any human contact. It's... scary thinking about how much he's changed in there.'

Tommy stayed quiet. After that, he lets it off with a 'Whatever, let him out' before leaving with Tubbo and a few others who didn't really agree.
The only people who volunteered to come with Sam to announce release to the prisoner was George, Sapnap, Punz,  Bad, and Antfrost.

And that's where the present time starts.

"It really is... um... hot in here." Bad said, trying to make small talk. No one responded. Bad, getting the message, sighed and remained quiet for the rest of the journey to Dream. George was squeezing Sap's hand very tightly, Sap didn't really mind it but George needed to calm down, he was sure Dream was okay. After all, the man deserves all of this. Sap thought he shouldn't be guilty if Dream was in a bad state.

After all.

Dream deserved it.

"Now wait here while I get a few blocks and lower the lava." Sam quickly walked away, leaving the group of people standing awkwardly on some honey. It wasn't too long until Sam came back, making sure the redstone was still worked well.

The lava flowed down, it felt like an eternity before all of the lava was gone. There... they see a waving Dream. He had a grin on his face as blood stains covered his face. George shivered once again. "He looks okay." Sapnap said, ignoring the man's maniacal smile. Sam quickly built his way over, feeling watched by Dream's green eyes. "You guys came to visit! Welcome to my home! How are you guys?"