Mom

┍━━━━━»•» 🌺 «•«━┑
Fear can make you do things,

Don't let it rule you. MJ

┕━»•» 🌺 «•«━━━━━┙

I sigh, my daughter's emotions are like the ocean. Each voice recording is worse than the last. Each word is a wave that pierces the emotional shell I created for myself that I thought was indestructible.  Everything I have done is for her sake. Keeping her from the truth is keeping her safe. No, she can't know about me, about her father, about her heritage. Some things are better left unsaid.

If I could ensure her safety perhaps I would try it just to ease her burden, but I can't.

Looking at her through the monitor, I zoom on her lovely face. She looks so much like her father. Making her work there was the only way I had to see her since Richard refuse to add a camera in her bedchambers. She barely spends time in the living room and kitchen and since she was so eager for a job, this was the better option.

Digging through the papers, she looks for a file that was asked for. Since she works there, she has proven to be bright and in control of her emotions. She must have so many questions, but for now, she is told that they are ill or have some mental madness as a coverup and it has been enough to keep her from the truth.

Little by little she will learn about our world and fill her curiosity at a slow pace. Whenever her second persona surges or not, we will be there to do what is needed, the animal won't take over. Until I am healthy enough to deal with it for good, Annie must remain away from us. Only then will I be able to erase any trace of magic in her system. Only then we will be freed from the danger that Davon represents.

She will have the life I wished I had. She will study and be whatever she wants and be with whoever she chooses. Away from the supernatural world.

Tom appears through another monitor, he came to pick her up. He always does as expected. He is a perfect subject. In time, I hope they will choose each other. Richard has been such a good friend, I wish for our family to be together through marriage. It would be bliss.

My lips turn up, he doesn't know we know. Annie's magic has awakened. Lina didn't hesitate to give us the details about her magical abilities. She didn't know the extent of them. Annie's powers are weak for now, but with Lina's and Tom's help, she won't do herself any harm.

It's a relief that she isn't that exceptional. I have no reason to extract her magic and full the animosity against me. Not healthy enough to changer her memories, I am merely going on with borrowed powers. The gems I collect are filled with other's witches powers. Davon's ill experiments helped that much and it's not the solution.

Once human, she will be safe.

Tom needs to keep earning her trust and I have been linient so far, but he has been keeping secrets from us and that is unlike him. Since I need them to trust each other, I've turned a blind eye, hoping that when the time comes, he will protect her at all costs. It's been a hassle keeping his father from inflicting sanctions.

My head drops to my hand taking hold of the armrest of the chair.

If I am right, they have growing feelings for each other and he will become the best weapon against the beast. Because, if she does have feelings, she will do anything to keep him safe becoming Annie's major weakness to exploit in due time and I know that the time will come. All precautions must be taken, she inherited her father's genes. Annie's wolf was strong when she was younger and got even stronger when my husband linked himself to hers. Only Annie can get rid of the dog now by renouncing it and killing it by herself.