Chapter 22: Truth revealed

╔═..══════════╗
Any truth needs to
Be known. The only thing you get to decide is when.
MJ1
╚══════════..═╝

As soon as the door opened, my eyes went wide. We are back in our building and I missed the whole ride back. My energy is drained.

Tom is already opening my door with a hand, I blink and realize that I had another blackout. I unbuckle my seatbelt, knowing full well that I hadn't fastened it earlier.

Flustered, I get out of the car. The next second, his arm grabs me before I hit the ground. Reluctantly, I let him walk beside me.

The next thing I noticed was the valet taking the car to the garage as we walked to the elevator.Fortunately, Tom wasn't very talkative. The situation was already bad because I couldn't control my movements. Or maybe it wasn't intuition, a huff escaped my throat.

Ah yes... mind reading!

Reality hits me like a bullet in the face. He always knew what was on my mind. I was never alone.The doors of the elevator opened, a surge of energy gave me enough strength, "my raging emotions were the secret of my strength," with this thought I went to my room.

Courage find me! How can I live with a mind reader? I buried my face in my pillow and screamed.After a few hours of muttering ideas to myself, my stomach began to cannibalize itself. The sounds turned into spasms and later into cramps. I fainted a few times but couldn't get out.Magic makes me hungrier. What does it do to my body when I turn into a wolf?My stomach growled in response.

But I can't just get out. He heard my most intimate thoughts. Even those that were shameful even to me. I am ashamed.

A knock at the door draws my attention to it."Just come and eat, would you? I cooked for you."

He did? Reluctantly I step out of my room."Of course you did, how much did you allow yourself to listen just now?" I stutter.

He sighs and sits down on the couch."I could use my magic to make you forget that detail, would that be easier for you?"I cross my arms.

"Should I remind you that I am a wolf, hungry for fresh meat, and she is immune to the forgetting spell."

"You mean she remembers everything?" He whispers, rubbing his neck.

Playing with my hair, I reply: "Yes, she even remembers things from my youth, I don't remember myself. I have so many questions." My voice ends in a whisper as my body finds comfort sinking into the couch next to him.

"But you had memories of your own, right?" His tone seems to be a question and he fixes my face.

Ashamed of the bad thoughts and fixations I had about him over the past few days, I avoid meeting his eyes, but I continue to share my thoughts, why? Because since I was disposed of, he is the closest 'thing' I have. No one cared about their feelings, but he did. He talks like he doesn't, but his actions reached me in so many ways. Small actions and struggles brought me back to the living, gave me meaning, and taught me about myself.