Chapter 11 : Temptation

╔═══════════╗

dreams bring insight,
Dreams bring counsel,
and makes us realize
Things we can't face otherwise.
MJ1

╚═══════════╝

I am in a forest. It is night, the full moon is high in the firmament, it shines in all its glory. I don't recognize this forest. The trees are mature, strong roots connects each other to a rock at the center of the clearing where I stand. A melody floats in the air. Following the harmonious sound, I look around.

Women are forming a circular shape around me. There is one adult fully cover with a hood and a child no older than a sixth grader. Moving to the child, a hand grips me and pulls me back, making me stumble back into someone. Then it strikes me. I am shorter than that person and it is a woman, her slim fingers and polish nails giving her away.

Moving elsewhere from her restraint, "What is happening?
What do they want with us?"
The kid lifts his head with slumber, letting the light of the moon illuminate his face.
"Luc?"

My puzzled voice dims into the night.

My hand moves towards him, but he has no further reaction, as if in a trance.

"Luc, talk to me. What is happening?"

A woman's chant gets might then the others. I look around; she is walking towards my brother. Was she controlling him with her siren's voice?

Tossed, I stumble to the side. I am being pushed towards the rock at the center of the clearing. Now, walking forward, I can see a carved cup on the top filled with water. Fighting to get back to Luc, the woman digs her into my shoulders, making me squirm in pain.

Hooded figures move towards my captor. Their capes are white, glimmering under the light of the moon. My jailer nods and a few come forward, making me stumble in retreat, fighting to get out of their grip. Hands grab me, forcing me to kneel while other hands force me to embrace the cold stone. The reflection of a fourteen-year-girl looking back at me with fearful eyes strikes me. It's me. The grey in my eyes seems to push the blue to the edges. A chill spreads through my body, making me scream out of fright. My heavy breath covers the sound of the melody behind, panting like an animal.

Struggling again against my captors, the song gets louder and louder. Fom the corner of my eye, I see the remaining walking in unison towards us. Desperation brewing, I open my mouth to call for help, but the woman holding my head pushes my face into the water.

Filling my mouth, I swallow and struggle to get my face out. Minutes pass, my lungs are burning enough to convince  me to swallow some more. The water tastes odd, they added something to it. My stomach twisting, my mouth opens again, forcing me to swallow more of the disgusting mixture. The burn in my chest grows radiating through my body, but the woman has no regard for me and she keeps my head in the water.

I am going to die.
Why isn't anyone helping?

As I feel my strength slip away, my arms are now held in place by the strange person. Helpless brews inside me, my body losing the fight. The person holding my tights moves and the priestess moves behind me. Slowly, giving up my body convulses like a fish out of the water.

This is it.

I will soon wake up. No one can die in their dreams!
My heart beats like a wild horse in my chest.

Suddenly, a hand pulls me away. The back of my head ends below the priestess' breast. Tilting my head upwards, preventing me from vomiting the mixture. Swallowing it back, the woman presses her fingers around my face.