Chapter 24: Storm

*♦̮̑ɜܓ*‎
Note
Listen to this piece to get in the mood. Just press play on the image above.

I hope you will enjoy it!
Happy reading!

╔═.✵.════════╗
Humans are supposed
to feel emotions.
We need to learn how to use them right without drowning in them.
MJ1
╚════════.✵.═╝

Air won't reach my lungs, Tom's words don't reach my ears anymore nor does his touch. My magic is taking over and I am compelling myself in a sick twisted turn of events not to breathe. Flashbacks of my younger self come to my mind I always use an inhaler when things got to this proportion. Little did I know that inside of it was a magical concoction meant to neutralize my magic and wolf. Things were different this time, there was no inhaler around, and I was killing myself with my own magic. "Annie, run" Leah's voice reached me through the panic. Taking the emergency stairs, I blast the door open and run. "Breathe in" she purrs and I comply. After a few floors down, "slow down, there are humans in the first floor. Keep breathing." Following her every command, I follow her directions barely seing where I am between my clouded sight.

Confronted with what he's said, my memories and the evidence I possessed all along in a shoebox, the puzzle was complete. Tom was the MVP men. He gave me what I asked without filters. It was raw, but the truth nonetheless.

My heart stops beating for a second again.

"I can't!  It's not possible!" I repeat to myself like a mad woman walking down the street.

"Are you ok miss?" a stranger asks concerned.

I avoid him running instead, while tapping the side of my ear as if that would stop my ramping thoughts from stabbing my heart.

"He's got it wrong!"
I restrain myself from speaking anymore. Not here among passing humans. My heart tightens, but magic isn't the cause.

"That's my mother!"
Yes, she's cold, but she's not a monster.

Looking up, I see the edge of the forest ahead. I did the trial in less than 20 minutes when it usually takes me 35 minutes. Leah forced me to slow my pace on the streets, but now in the woods, with no one around me, I let my frustration run wild.

Avoiding Phil's cabin, I run towards an unknown destination, letting the surrounding vegetation slap my body along the way. The truth was, that I always had the answers with me, but I was too blind to see it. My box was filled with answers and so did my journal, Tom only made the connection and lifted the veil that was obstructing the truth.

Tears run down my cheeks. She did that to me. She knew all along. She pretended and now? Was I to play pretend too?  Was that my life to be from now on?

An animal sound emerges from my throat.

If she was able to erase and temper my memories, what guarantee absolved her from my father's disappearance? What part did she played on it?

Thumping my chest withy fists, I let out an agonized rattle. But it the heaviness is still there, I scream at the top of my lungs with all my might. The top of the trees they shiver to the sound.

"I know it's hard to admit, but Tom's right to assume Mother knows more than what she pretends. My memories are proof enough." Leah's word fuel the turmoil inside my head.