Chapter 15 : Plastic Doll

╔═.✵.═══════════╗
Social expectations,
Because we all want to
Belong,
what are you ready to lose
In the process?
MJ
╚═══════════.✵.═╝

Staying focused in class was a real ordeal. Uncertainty fills dreams with pieces of my life, and I don't have the luxury of time to dwell on it.

The dark circles beneath my eyes confirm that it's been enough already.

Tonight, again, Lina was expecting me to join her at the usual spot.

It's been three weeks now. I wonder how long it will take until I get my green flag and when I will get control over my life.

Living with Tom has its advantages. Yesterday, he surprised me with a cell phone, making the girls go baffling with rage this morning.

He just had to have it and make a big fuzz out of it, showing off my new phone and its new features. Caught by surprise, I stalled and my cheeks felt hot.

Unsure about being overwhelmed feeling, my body trembled with excitement l. I couldn't decipher if it was coming from me or him, so I ended up pulling my protective bubble.

The image of last night ends up giving me shivers still.

'Who is the naughty one in this group? It can't be me for sure!' I reprimand myself for getting rid of the image in my head.

Tom is talking to me at the end of my table. Class was over and once again I was too busy in my head to notice a thing.

"We are going to the mall. The girls needed convincing, but they end up giving in. They will style you a bit."
Fluttering my lashed, he points a finger to my nose, breaking my will to break a fight.
"Let them pamper you a bit. I will not take a no for an answer."

I try to mumble an answer, but he is already walking to the door with my books in his hand. Opening  my mouth too late, I run after him to retrieve what is mine.

'I hate shopping.'

Pulling his sleeve, he stops to look at me. I give him a fake smile.

"You know, I can't tonight. I have to study lessons with Lina and do a project. There is no such time as for hopping." I end, already walking forward.

He walks a little faster, closing the gap between us, but he adds nothing.

With a grin, I sit on Lina's right side, far from the two most annoying girls the world made.

When lunch was almost over, I got up to throw the trash but I am stopped by Tom's sentence.

"So remember, we meet up at four in the parking lot. It's the makeover day today. Lina, you are coming, of course. I count on you!"

"Of course, shopping is always fun." She hurriedly accepted.

Holding my tray a little tighter, I walk to the trash bin.
'Traitor,'
I say in my head, knowing well that she can hear my thoughts.

🌺 at the store🌺

I look up at them. In the store, he gives Lina a few tips before leaving, but I am too far away to hear what was being said.

I feel offended since I came. Everyone is opinionated, but I can't give mine since I am deemed unfashionable.

He turns on his heels. The guys aren't far behind me. I close my fists, ready to give him a piece of my mind.

I open my mouth, but his finger ends on my forehead, distracting me for a second.

"Listen well to all they'll say. Don't be stubborn and dress as you are told. This way, you'll be able to dress like an actual girl and blend into society." He ends up.