Chapter 16: Davon and Mom

╔═.✵.══════════╗
Davon's castle
╚══════════.✵.═╝

Present Time

Another Realm

*♦̮̑ɜܓ*‎

In a throne room, far from human land, king Davon is laughing. Tied one is hugging a post. Handcuffs and chains link his feet and hands. The second man is crunching on the floor with the same equipment.

The floor is a metal grid preventing. It's a recent addition to the room for his new majesty's entertainment.

Guards and servants are witnessing the show with no emotion. Some servants are holding different tools of torture. Their heads are bending in submission, waiting for instructions.

The king is making a point. His general came back without his price. As soon as he set foot on land, the soldiers took them to the dungeons until the king summoned them.

The man standing is pleading his case. It only got the king angrier than before.

"Tell me again! Where is she?" He screams into his ear, pulling his hair that his scalp is bleeding.

"She" He pauses, earning a fresh injury.

Davon takes the knife in his hand and crushes it on his shoulder. Making him scream, this injury in a battle wouldn't be as painful, but the king knows how to make any living creature suffer regardless of its origin.

With a grin, he asks again. "She what?"

"She escaped, sir." He adds in a rush.

"Explain to me how a mere child got away from two trained men like you?" The king growls.

The prisoner remains quiet. Davon lifts his hand with a smile. The prey deserves an additional punishment.

"What use do I..." he begins with a dark vibration in his voice tensing everyone in the room.

The man whines out of fright, but Davon stabs him in the shoulder with the knife in his other hand, twisting the blade inside.

Then he pulls with no concern for the man screaming in pain. A sizeable chunk of meat comes out with it. The blade is not a simple blade. It's pointed with two edges, one of which is bended for this purpose.

"Where was I before you interrupted me?" He plays with the blade in his hand and a grin ear to ear.

He moves the blade to his face. The man doesn't struggle this time; he closes his eyes instead.

"Look at me!" He adds with a commanding voice, making the man comply regardless of his fear.

The man huffs, letting out some of the pain he tried to hide.

"So, how did she escape?" The king asks with a smirk of disgust on his face.

The warrior hesitates.
"she is a skilled witch. She untied herself and covered her scent with powerful magic. We couldn't hear her or smell her. We looked everywhere. Then the creatures of the night attacked us."
His voice broke in anticipation.

"WHAT! And you left my bride to be BEHIND !"
Fuming again, King Davon stabs him multiple times, avoiding any important organ.

He then spitted in his face.

"You call yourself a captain and yet you can't find and bring a young girl! Worse! You left her behind!"
Davon screams in the room, his wolf making an appearance as fur appears in the back of his arms.

The viewers shiver with fear. The servants bend their heads closer to the floor.

"Give me a whip!" He screams.