"What does Ebony eat for breakfast?" She asked.

"I'll make her baby cereal, you just go chill in the living room." Naire pointed and Sakina nodded.

-XX-

"Don't listen to what Troy was saying." Naire rolled her eyes, trying to clear up any misunderstanding between the two.

She'd finished cooking some eggs, bacon and toast and they were currently eating it all together. Naire didn't want Sakina to think anything was going on. One, because she thought that Sakina was straight and two, even if she was gay, there was no way she'd accept Naire being intersex.

"Why not?" Sakina asked softly, grabbing a spoonful of cereal to feed to Ebony as she watched YouTube on Naire's phone.

"He just be talkin' without thinking." Naire shrugged, her light brown eyes staring right at Sakina's dark ones.

"We just workin' on the project."

Sakina stared back at her before asking, "So we ain't friends?"

"Nah not really." Naire replied, watching as Sakina continued to feed Ebony.

"Well, I'm interested in you, Naire." Sakina spoke up clearly, making Naire's eyes widen in surprise.

She hadn't expected Sakina to say that to her. Especially on a random Sunday morning.

"I'm not saying I'm madly in love with you, Naire. I'm just saying that I'm interested." Sakina shrugged, although her voice was monotone, she was shaking on the inside.

She had always been impatient, ever since she was a child. Playing these games with Naire was killing her, Sakina was the type to just say how she felt and deal with the consequences. This trait had done her well because it allowed her to save her time when something didn't suit her.

Naire was silent for a while, watching as Sakina finally finished to feed Ebony and even her walking to the kicthen and doing the dishes. Sakina sat back down and stared at Naire.

"I didn't even know you was gay." Naire finally spoke, her voice unsure.

"Yeah, I am." Sakina showed a small smile.

"I'm sorry, I'm just not looking for a relationship right now and I just don't see you like that." Naire explained, she didn't think she felt anything for Sakina.

Sakina's smile grew but weirdly enough, her face became even sadder than it was before. She took the rejection and held her head up before nodding.

"I get you. Just wanted to let that out there so that I didn't misread anything." Sakina explained, the awkwardness was on another level.

-XX-

"It stung like a bitch." Sakina explained to Nia as they walked through campus, she was going to grab a book from the library before they went to work.

After hearing about her friend's rejection, Nia rushed to Columbia Campus to see how Sakina was doing. She could tell that Naire was her friend's first real crush, the desire practically oozed out of Sakina whenever she talked about her.

"Girl, it's okay. I know plenty of studs. Just say tha word and I'll bring one." Nia linked her arm with Sakina, making her friend smack her arm.

"I'm not gonna use some girl to get over someone else." Sakina mugged Nia before they entered the library, she separated from Nia to quickly get the book while Nia waited downstairs.

Sakina looked around to find the book she was looking for, she looked up at the shelf and tried to reach up to get it. A hand reached over and grabbed it, causing her to turn around and see who was responsible.

"Here you go." Latrell said, his deep voice surprising Sakina.

"Oh, thank you." She said softly, while he smiled.

She wasn't going to lie. Latrell was one of the most attractive males she'd ever seen. His darkskin was smooth and growly while his teeth were perfectly white. Thick lips and thick brows accentuated his attractiveness and his height was the cherry on top. Too bad she was gay.

"I saw you and yo friend walk in and I was wondering if she was single?" He asked, glancing at Nia who was scrolling through her phone.

Smilling, Sakina replied, "Yeah, she's very single. Come on, I'll introduce yall."

Latrell grinned as they walked side by side towards Nia.

Unknown to her, Naire had been watching because she was studying on a nearby desk. A feeling bubbled up in her chest that she knew very well when she saw Sakina interact with Latrell.

Jealousy.