𝑠 𝑒 𝑣 𝑒 𝑛 𝑡 𝑦 𝑠 𝑖 𝑥

Start from the beginning

When did this even become what I feel like they tryna make it?

"Let's just start over, Chris." Alexa smiles. "I'm sorry I got your name wrong, m'kay? Maybe we should start over on the cookies too-"

"No, thanks. I'm actually full. Plus I gotta pick up Christiana from the hospital." Chris tells her, walking over to the coat rack, grabbing his jacket. That's a valid excuse too. Christiana been having some nausea and stomach issues so she went to the ER earlier today. "We can do this next time.. preferably with Hailey though.."

"Yeah, I'mma go with you too, bro." O'Sean pulls out his keys, heading towards the door.

"Need a ride, Lor?" Chris offers, looking back at her. "We'll be riding past your place anyway."

"Yeah, that'll be cool, thanks.." Lori smiles, joining them by the door. She slips on her jacket, and her boots, fluffing out her hair a bit, skipping back over to me and giving me a hug, "This was really nice. Thanks for inviting me, Cassie."

"Girl, I'll always invite you. Thanks for coming," I smile as she rocks us back in forth while we hug, eventually pulling away. Chris starts walking towards us, and ends up walking right past, gathering all the cookies.

"You don't mind, right, Cassie?" He glances at me for a short second and I sigh, laughing a bit. "Yeah, you can take them.."

And then eventually Chris, Lori, and O'Sean say their goodbyes and give their last hugs before they leave, and it's just me, Alexa, and Reign. "We should watch a movie," Alexa suggest as we start cleaning up.

Reign shakes her head, putting the bowl in the dishwasher. "I have to feed my snake- Cass, can I talk to you real quick?"

I nod, following her into the hallway. "What's wrong?"

Reign's just looking at me for a long time before she finally decides to speak. "Cassie, girl, why would you invite her over here?"

I furrow my eyebrows together. "What do you mean? You're the one who kept telling me to invite her,"And that's the truth too. It was originally only gonna be me, Reign, O'Sean, Lori, and Chris before Reign had told me to tell Alexa she can come over here with us.

"Okay, but I didn't think you actually would. I was just tryna be nice," She looks at me and I raise my eyebrows. "That doesn't make any sense.."

"I just didn't know you'd invite her. I would have preferred Hailey either way it went." Reign admits and I just roll my eyes, walking away from her, 'cause she's literally making no sense.

If she didn't want Alexa over here, she should have never invited Alexa over here, and if she wanted Hailey, she should have just simply invited Hailey.

I walk back into the kitchen seeing it's pretty much all cleaned up, Reign following after me. Alexa turns away from the sink, looking at us. "Um, my mom's still on her way. Do you guys mind if I stay with y'all for a few more minutes?"

"Um," I started hesitantly, seconds later deciding it would be okay. "Yeah, it's okay."

"Well, I'll be in my room," Reign announces suddenly, walking off.

"And we can go to mine." I say without thinking, mentally wincing at all the bad things that can come from this situation just starting to flood my brain.

I hesitated, but still let Alexa follow me into my room, taking off my crocs as I got comfortable on my bed, pulling out my phone, checking to see if Hailey texted me and sure enough, she didn't. I don't know if she's still mad about the fight or that terrible stuff I said, but I wish she would just let me know either way. I just really miss her.