10: yet to be named

"What are you doing here?"

Sam's tone was a little too aghast to not raise his big brother's suspicion.

"Picking you up. Whatcha think."

Sam shook his head, still dumbfounded. "We said seven p.m. It stays on that."

"Well, plans changed. We gotta go." Dean turned around half to go back to his Baby, but stopped when he noticed that Sam didn't follow. "You coming now or nah?"

"I'd choose nah," Sam said provokingly.

"That wasn't a question."

"That wasn't me asking for your permission, either."

Dean frowned. "Come on, Sammy. We don't have time for this."

"We?", Sam scoffed. "Is something with Dad?"

"Well, no-"

"Then it's not a We, but a You. It's your "work", isn't it? It doesn't concern me, then. And as long it's not about me, I will stay here." Sam remained defiant.

Dean wanted to go loud but instead sighed. This all had no point. What was the point in getting mad? He had turned mad before and only gotten himself into trouble. 

"Look, Sammy. This might take a while-"

"You want me to be all alone at home, then?"

Good point.

"It's okay for him to stay here." Somehow a girl, about thirteen or fourteen years old, had appeared next to Sam. She had soft looking blonde hair and a mature, pretty face, but wore braces that made her appear way younger than she probably was.

Jessica. Jessica Moore. The girl Sam wouldn't shut up about.

"Thanks for the offer sweetie, but I'm sorry we have to decline." Dean smiled and looked at Sam sharply after that, but he just withstood Dean's gaze challengingly. 

"No, why is that, Dean? And don't call her sweetie," He added a few moments later.

"We have work to do."

Sam snorted. But Dean could see his defense breaking apart.

"What's going on? Is everything alright?" A woman in her early forties came, as well. Seemingly Jessica's mother. Super. because Dean just needed THAT conversation right now. 

"Yes, ma'am. I'm just here to pick up my brother. He doesn't want to go, though – looks like he and your daughter have had quite some fun." 

He grinned and winked at Sam who facepalmed. But Jessica's mother didn't seem to notice, or at least she laughed it off. 

"They spent a nice afternoon together, would be my impression too. I'm Jody Mills, by the way."

Dean came back further to shake her hand, smiling, but frowning inwardly. Mills...? Moore...? What the hell? He was too tired for this, and not drunk enough.

This needed to be changed.

"I'm pleased to meet you, Mrs. Mills. I'm Dean Winchester." He set up his friendliest, most charming smile, and she laughed. 

"Please, Dean, call me Jody. Now, I have to admit I overheard a part of your conversation."

Dean's smile remained, but it felt forced. "Oh, well. I'd really like to stay for chat, but Sam and I'll have to say goodbye now." Please, Sammy, don't protest now. It'll make things awkward.

As if Sam had heard his inner prayer, he kept his mouth shut. That's how brother work. Brain communication. But that didn't keep him from squinting at Dean in his best bitch-face.