7: A surprising visitor

A/N: Would you look at that, I managed a somewhat decent title xD

It was Cas's principles not to give details to Gabriel. Like, ever. He outright refused to talk to him in the car, at all. Because if he had opened his mouth, he doubted he could've refrained from accidentally namedropping Dean.

Back in his room he decided he didn't feel like homework. He didn't have much else to do, really, he realized with a frustrated look to his books. Maybe Gabriel had been right. Maybe he really had no hobbies.

He didn't plan to take a nap; it just happened for whatever reason he couldn't explain. It wasn't like he was sleep deprived or something.

As it always was with naps, you never noticed them until they were brutally ripped from you. 

In that sense, he was woken up when the doorbell rang, and the clock said it was a quarter before 4. He slept one and a half hour (but he still didn't feel fit) and Gabriel didn't have his work shift yet, so he surely would answer the door.

Which he did, thankfully, because Cas was too lazy to stand up. He had his eyes half closed and was already drifting away again, when he heard Gabriel's voice, calling him.

He sounded excited.

Gabriel was never excited.

Okay, that was a lie, Gabriel was always excited, but somehow it made Cas suspicious, as he couldn't remember the door closing again. Was someone besides the brother in their house?

Did Cas have a visitor?

It was the only logical explanation. But Cas had never visitors. And that wasn't even a lie.

He was half curious to know what was up, but if he have had the choice he would've stayed down.

He did make his way down the stairs though, and around the corner, and this time he knew where he left his brain: In his bed, the only acceptable place for it.

He froze in place when he saw who had come in. His eyes widened and maybe even his mouth flapped open.

What the hell was Dean Winchester doing in his house?

He was speechless and must've looked like it, 'cause Dean chuckled to himself. "Hey, Cas." 

He then turned Gabriel. "Looks like he actually didn't expect me to come."

After a confusing whirl that was otherwise known as the random mess in the empty space his brain used to be, reality set in and Cas blinked a few times. "D-Dean?"

"Yep, the one and only", Dean answered as if he owned the name all for himself. He came closer, walking up the floor because Cas hasn't made a move to approach his brother and Dean since he had turned around the corner. 

"You look surprised", he observed, a slight smile forming itself in the corner of his mouth.

"Yeah, well, because I am!" Cas replied in dismay. "Why are you here?"

"We – we are working on a project together, remember?", Dean reminded him, frowning.

"I know that", Cas informed him shortly. "I mean, why are you here?"

"Because you didn't come to my house, obviously?" Dean said, much less confident this time. It was satisfying to know that Cas also brought him out of concept. 

Even if he needed to ask questions for it and not just look at him like Dean who attacked Cas's poor absent brain just by opening these beautiful green eyes of his.