18: Cultural levels

School was out, and Cas was out. He had nobody to drive him – Gabriel was working – so he decided to just wait outside the school ground for Balthazar to show himself and take him in. And as long as he stayed out the school borders, he could use his phone.

Castiel: Hello, Dean. I didn't see you at school today... Are you okay??

It wasn't long until Dean answered.

Shaggy: Yes, Cas, I'm fine, don't worry. Just had some things to take care of.

Castiel: Yes, that's what Benny said too...

No, wait. Cas didn't want Dean to know he had asked his friends where Dean was. He didn't want to come off as obsessive. Delete.

Castiel: Have you finished them already, or will it take longer?

Shaggy: No I'm done. I will still come around later.

Dean had immediately figured out what Cas had been hinting at. Goosebumps overcame him without occasion (idk why I put that in, tbh, maybe because I just got goosebumps for no reason at all).

Shaggy: unless you changed your mind and don't want me to come, ofc.

Ofc = Of course; Cas's brain pulled that out. Welp. Why did it suddenly decide to save that information but always passed math over?

Well, maybe because it assigned math to the "useless"-tier.

Castiel: No, I'd like you to come very much. Is it still an hour?

Shaggy: Now that you say it, I expected the stuff I did today to take longer, I could actually come around now already

Castiel: Well, now I'm still at school, so you have to drive slowly. Or wait at my doorstep.

Shaggy: what?! Won't your brother let me in ;)

What was up with the winky smiley? Was this a flirtation? 

It involved Gabriel, so probably yes. But what was Dean's deal with Gabriel?

Castiel: Gabe is working, he wouldn't be able to.

Shaggy: you know what I can just come pick you up and we'll drive at your house together.

Cas had to think about this for a moment. He was yet to ask Balthazar for a ride. So why not?

Castiel: That'd be very nice, thanks.

Shaggy: okay just wait at the parking lot, I'll come around in a few minutes.

Few minutes...? That had to mean he was close to school already. Was he maybe driving? He should not text while driving!

Castiel: Drive safe.

Shaggy: Always do but thanks

Castiel put his phone away and waited patiently. It wasn't long that a car arrived in the parking lot, differencing itself by being the only one not to leave. The driver's door opened and Dean got out, wearing black sun glasses that suited him like no one else, and leaned casually against the car's side with crossed arms. 

His eyes meeting Cas's, causing the boy to shudder in a pleasant way.

While walking towards Dean, not looking away, he noticed out of the corner of his eyes the other student's stares. Of course, the way Dean had arrived, it made him look so chill and popular, Cas could almost hear the girls' whispering on how hot he was.