40: just talk about your problems already would you

"Dean Winchester," Charlie got his attention right after he had turned the corner. He froze, sighing. "Charlie Bradbury. Who pays me for listening to you this time?"

"This is a favor," Charlie panted, coming to a stop after her quick speed run. "That I'm doing my best friend and you, my little adorable Destiel babies."

"Do I wanna know what you're talking about?"

"I-"

"Nope, I don't. Would you let me go to the toilet in piece now?"

"Alright, sure. Just saw you leaving and thought 'why not use that opportunity' to myself, and well, there is no good answer, so that's what I did. Doing." She shrugged. "Using my chance. Now, can we have a 'small' talk before I release you to release yourself?"

Dean crossed his arms and stared at her annoyance. "You know I like talking to you, but right now isn't the best of my moments."

"Yeah, I get that. But it's for Cas."

She had known exactly how to get to him. He sighed. "Go on."

"I know he's in love with you."

When Dean opened his mouth in protest, Charlie held up her index finger to silence him. "Don't even. It's so obvious, my gosh. And you're so oblivious that I really want to go and... well. That's not the point right now. He's been in love with you for long now, and I don't care if you return his feelings or not, but I... okay, actually that was a lie. I care a lot about your insights, precisely because I want you two together and if you don't return his feelings it would just make it harder for me to ship you, and take longer to get the ship to sa-"

"Charlie!", Dean interrupted her, laughing. "Breathe, girl."

Charlie did as asked. "Hah. Okay." She exhaled deeply. "Sorry. Sometimes I talk myself into something and then I don't stop and then I kinda just-"

"You're doing it again," Dean said, amused. "Just tell me why you're here, kiddo."

Charlie furrowed her eyebrows. "Okay, right, you're right. I obviously don't know if you are in love with Castiel like he is with you, and it'd be fucked up if someone ought you to pretend like it just for Castiel not to break down over it, and I'm certainly not going to do this, it'd just hurt more in the end..." She paused, remembering her resolution to breathe.

"You're my friend, Dean. I really care about your feelings and that's why I don't want you to be dragged into something that you don't want from heart. And Cas is also my friend. And it'd make me very happy if you could make each other happy. But it should come from both of you. And I... all I wanted to say. Cas told me you two were both making up your mind over this whole... thing. He refused to tell me details about whatever happened, but I can imagine. And all I ask from you is to make up your mind and tell him the truth. Whether you think it'll hurt him or not. It'll definitely hurt him more if you only played with him all this time."

Dean had been watching her silently all this time, his expression iron. "What do you think of me, Charlie?" And his eyes filled with a softness Charlie had never seen on him before, not once. 

"I could never play with Cas. And I'd never do anything to hurt him."

His voice broke, and Charlie knew he was telling the truth. But she had to be one hundred percent sure. "So, are you returning his feelings?"

Dean hesitated. "I- I don't know?"

"Oh, don't give me that bull crap! That's what I meant."

"I am just not sure, Charlie. I want to be, obviously, but I am just not."