34. Two Blondes And A Raven Head

(Finally updated after a longass writers block 🥱)

Naruto POV

Me, Boruto, and Menma got dressed and headed out to the markets in the village.

"Mom. How did you and Dad even fall in love in the first place?" Boruto asked

"Hmmm... Well, it's a long story." I replied

He looked up at me "How long...?"

I looked back at him "Very long."

He sighed and held my hand.

Menma was busy "protecting" me. Though all he was doing is staying close to me as possible with a Kunai in his hand.

"Big brother, you do know our mom is the Hokage and the nine-tails Jinchuuriki, right?" Boruto said to Menma

Menma looked at him "That's the first time you called me "big brother". And I can still protect him if I want." he then continued to stay close to me.

I sighed and looked around at the villagers walking by. Some greeting me. Some just smiling. Its very peaceful, and I hope it stays that way later in the future...

I then felt a slight movement in my stomach. It felt like the baby was moving around, but...

"MOM! LOOK!"

I then snapped out of my thoughts and looked at Boruto, who had gotten my attention "THEY'RE SELLING PLUSHIES THAT LOOK LIKE KURAMA AGAIN!"

Menma quickly ran to the store that was currently selling plushies of Kurama. I'm pretty sure ever since I got one for him when he was a child, he had been very attached to it...

Menma was gone for a few minutes, then he finally ran back to us with a bag in his hand "I GOT IT!"

Boruto just stared at him "Did you really want that?"

Menma shot a glare at him and placed a finger on Boruto's lips "Hush, child."

Boruto glared at him, Menma then pulled away. "Anyways- We can go back to shopping."

I said nothing, and then placed a hand on my stomach. Now I know for sure the child is stretching... Yeah, ow.

Boruto tugged on my shirt after a few moments.

"Hm? What is it?"

"Mama. Can we buy you new clothes? Your belly is getting bigger, and I don't think your normal shirts and pants will fit you."

I looked down at my big stomach. He isn't wrong... But.

"Ouu- How about we get you a pretty dress!" Menma teased

"Wha- I don't wear dresses though!" I said

"With your giant stomach, you are." Menma said

"I-" Menma then grabbed my hand and dragged me to a clothing store with maternity dresses.

"I ain't no fashionista or something, but I'll choose the dress." Menma grinned evilly.

I blinked and said nothing.

"Now, you sit here, dear mother-" Menma sat me down on a chair "-and wait here. Burito, you're coming with me"

"WHAT- And don't call me that!" Boruto replied

"Ah, too bad, Burito" Menma then picked up Boruto so he wouldn't run away, and took him to find a dress.

I sat in silence, watching all the other women that were currently around me.

I waited a few minutes, until I heard a familiar voice.

"NARUTO!"

I looked up and saw Ino and Sakura running towards me.

"Naruto!- Why are you here?" Ino asked, catching her breath.

"I- um-"

"Hush! Who are you even with?" she then asked.

"Boruto and Menma..." I said

Both women blinked "What?- Those two?"

I nodded.

"Hm. Interesting. Wouldn't expect that. Anyways!"

Sakura then crouched down glancing at my stomach "How's the little one doing?"

"It's fine..."

Sakura has been getting more and more kind towards me after a while... I kinda like it. Not her beating me up every second and scolding me.

"That's good. And how about you?"

"I'm fine as well."

She nodded and placed a hand on my stomach. "Mmm. Just as I expected. It's bound to be a healthy baby with it moving around like that."

I lightly laughed "Yeah, that's true."

She then stood back up "Where are your two sons anyways?"

"Looking for a dress."

Ino and Sakura both stared at me "Them? Choosing a dress?"

"Yeah...?"

"Oh, yeah, no. That ain't happening. C'mon, pregnant Hokage. We're finding the two of them and helping out" Ino said helping me stand up.

"Wha- Ok?"

Ino and Sakura then grabbed both of my hands and dragged me to look for Menma and Boruto.

This should be great... Soon enough, those two women are going to go on a shopping spree.