1. Before

The raven tossed and turned in bed, groaning. He was having a terrible nightmare. But even if it was a nightmare, he felt as if he couldn't escape it.

He starting sweating with fear. More tossing and turning. Though it was a silent night, the Uchiha family woke to the shriek coming from the young Uchiha's room.

Itachi quickly got out of bed and dashed to his younger brother's room. "Sasuke! Are you alright?!" Itachi cried, panicked.

Sasuke was sitting up, sweating and panting. He glanced over at his older brother. "I-I'm fine. It was just a Nightmare..."

Mikoto and Fugaku came in, behind Itachi. Sasuke shivered from fear and cuddled his blanket, holding it close as if a teddy bear.

Itachi sighed and sat down next to Sasuke.

"Sasuke! You worried me sick from your cry" Mikoto said.

"Sorry mom..." Sasuke replied with his head down.

"It's ok Sasuke. As long as you're safe..." Mikoto said with a warm smile.

"I think it's time we all headed back to bed" Fugaku said.

"Yes father..." Sasuke said with a small nod.

"I'll stay here a little while until Sasuke falls asleep" Itachi said.

Mikoto and Fugaku nodded as they headed back to their room.

"Big brother! You don't have to do that. I'm old enough to fall asleep on my own" Sasuke said.

"Not after that scream you are" Itachi chuckled.

Sasuke made a face.

"Come" Itachi said, standing up and heading over to the window by Sasuke's bed.

The seven year old followed his older brother.

"Look up at the sky and what do you see" Itachi said.

Sasuke glanced up. "Uh...I just see stars"

"Look closer" Itachi ordered.

Sasuke squinted. The star's twinkled, and behind them, the sky looked a beautiful blue and black color.

"Whoa. It's so pretty!" Sasuke exclaimed.

Itachi smiled. "It is, isn't it?"

Sasuke nodded, smiling.

"Hey Itachi?" Sasuke asked.

"What is it, Sasuke?"

"Do you think that our ancestors are up there, watching over us?"

Itachi smiled.

He then used his forefinger and middle finger and poked Sasuke in the forehead.

Sasuke yelped and rubbed his forehead "You gotta stop doing that, Big brother!" Sasuke whined.

Itachi laughed "But you're right Sasuke-" He looked up at the sky. "-I do think our ancestors are up there..."