18. A Mission?!

Naruto POV

I was called down to the Hokage's Tower by Tsunade.

I quickly opened the door and greeted granny Tsunade.

"Hello, Naruto" Tsunade said.

I bowed. Then stared up at granny.

"So, how's your pregnancy going?" She asked.

I grimaced "Painful"

She chuckled "I assume that. Anyways. The reason why I called you here, is that I am taking Kakashi's work, as he is the sixth hokage, for now. But, once your child is old enough to walk on its own, me and Kakashi agreed to make you become the Seventh Hokage"

My eyes widened in excitement "Wait, REALLY?!"

"Yes, yes. But as I said; When your child can walk on its own. So you might have to wait a while" Granny said.

I nodded. "I know" But secretly, I literally would not wait until the baby is even BORN. That's how excited I am.

"Alright. I want you to be careful." Granny said.

"I will-"

"Because, I know I should not, but we're running out of Shinobi... So, I am putting you and Sasuke on a mission. But let Sasuke do everything." She said.

"Wait, wha- How come you've run out of Shinobi?" I asked.

"They all are away on missions. Including Sakura. So you two will be on your own. By doing this, if you come back unharmed, I might think about letting you have the Hokage's spot more early"

"Ok... But, what is even the mission?"

"You and Sasuke have to take a scroll to a small village, to keep it safe. You might run into trouble. But you two are strong. So I believe you are able to do this. It is a genin-level mission."

"But technically me and Sasuke still are genin" I said awkwardly.

"I know that. But you are better than genin, or even Jonin" Granny Tsunade said.

"Ok, when do we go?"

"By the mid afternoon" She replied. "Be very careful. I ordered Sasuke to protect you at all costs. And I don't want to regret this. But I already am, since you are pregnant"

"We'll be fine. I promise" I replied.

Granny nodded and then dismissed me.

A mission while pregnant? This should be good...