"...As I thought, I can't say it." Harvard chuckled, but when he looked up there wasn't a smile on his face.

"Say what? You're pissing me off with all this riddle talk."

"Maybe some other time. My time is up." Harvard stood up, "you'll have to wait until it's my turn again." Another one of his infuriating signature smirks appeared. "Unless you want me to stay?"

"No." My immediate rejection was met with yet another chuckle. Seriously, why is he laughing so much?! What's so funny?

"Until we meet again," the smirk morphed into a jovial smile. Oh god, the genuinely happy face he's making is horrifying. Fortunately, I blinked and saw the familiar ceiling of my bedroom. Thank god!

"Oh, you're up!" A maid came in with my school uniform. "I mended your uniform. There was a small tear near the sleeve."

"I need to request a bigger size, thanks." I stretched and got out of bed. The wide-eyed maid handed me my clothes.

"..."

"? Is something wrong?" I looked down to make sure I wasn't naked. Confident as I am, being naked in front of someone I don't know would be mortifying. Thankfully, I was fully clothed.

"Oh, n-no! I'll leave, young master!" She ran out the door. Huh, did I say something weird?

...Oh, I did. I don't usually thank servants besides Belle. Eh, whatever. Small children won't die whenever I say thanks. Or will they- alright, enough acting like a crazy person and having a conversation with myself.

Half an hour later, I sat at the dining table with father. Tabius already left for whatever it is he needs to do. Usually, meal times are peaceful and quiet, but a certain someone looks pissed.

"What happened?" I sipped my coffee.

"Hm?" Father snapped out of his daze.

"You were looking at that egg like you were ready to massacre its entire family and the chicken that laid it."

"..."

"Was it that 'damn O'Brien'?" I forced my grin back.

"You still remember that?"

"Yep. Memories are weird like that," I put the cup down. "Don't try to avoid the subject, father. I know your tactics."

"Didn't realize I've become so predictable in my old age," he huffed dryly. "It's nothing you should worry about."

"Remember when you said that two years ago and it nearly killed me?" I raised an eyebrow.

"That was a very unfortunate coincidence."

"Uh huh, sure. You can tell me that when you almost get crushed by a piano." I shuddered at the memory. Haven't touched a piano since.

"This is completely different. It has nothing to do with you." Father took a bite of egg. Guess that's all I get from him.

"Fine, don't tell me then. Stubborn old man." I didn't bother hiding the last part.

"..." The look father gave me was his version of an eyeroll. "Get going. You're going to be late if you keep dilly dallying about."

"Yes, sir!" I gave a mock salute and left the dining room. A faint grumble from father was all I heard. Heh, it's kinda fun messing with him. Payback for my childhood.

~

Elliot was back in full bound. The moment I stepped off the carriage I heard him yell my name. Wish he'd stop causing a ruckus every time he sees me.