84 - Oliver Taylor

"You look... bothered?" 

She looked haggard.

"Didn't you sleep well last night?" I followed up.

"I worked last night." She answered, standing up and moving towards the bed. She crawled under the blanket.

"Why work so late? Weren't you sleeping before I came to bed?" I asked.

"I woke up with a disturbing thought in the middle of the night, so I went to work to find answers." She mumbled.

"Eat breakfast before you sleep. I'll cook."

"I ate bread and had warm milk. I'll sleep now."

"Alright." I kissed her on the forehead before I came down. I found Alex in the kitchen, making soup.

"Where's Lee?" He asked when he saw me alone. "Want some soup? Toast?" He put them on the table and prepared me a plate and necessary utensils.

"I didn't know you can cook?" I inquired, accepting his offered food.

He snorted as he sat down across me. "Soup and toast? It doesn't require much. I don't have time to study culinary. How's Lee? Does she know how to cook again?"

We already informed her brothers of her new situation a month ago.

"Nope. She didn't have the time to study it the last few months."

"How are the issues in your company?"

"All good for now. How about in yours?"

"They're under control already. I'd like to know who else would dare to make use of Queens in the future. I've already posted people in various departments to be on the lookout."

I gave him a complicated look.

"I know. But as of now, it must be done."

That afternoon, Lee came to the office. She brought some sweets and ice-cold drinks.

"You haven't been coming to work?" I asked in a teasing voice. Technically, she doesn't need to work.

"Who says I'm not working? I'm still investigating a case, aren't I?" She went to sat on a corner of my table again, biting on a cream puff.

"Why are you still working on that? The troubles are gone now, aren't they?"

She gave me a curious look.

"As they say, it's the calm before the storm. We're just taking a break. It's not like they're going to give up just like that. They're probably planning something worse. So..." She turned to me and propped her foot on the armrest of my chair.

"I'm here to discuss with you the plan." She paused, before grimacing.

"Actually, I need your help to formulate a plan. And we need people who would cooperate. Can I get Charles to help us in our initial plan?"

I stared at her as I contemplated on her words. I leaned close to press the intercom on the side and called Charles to come in.

"Yes?" He asked as soon as he came through the door.

"Kindly lock the door." Lee told him. I nodded when he turned to me.

"Charles said you don't have any scheduled meetings for the rest of the afternoon." Lee stated.

"Yes. Take a seat, Charles."

"Yes, sir." He sat down on the sofa. I turned to Lee.

"Alright. As I was telling Oliver, this is the calm before the storm. We need to be a few steps ahead of the enemy. We need an elaborate plan to trap them." I laid it out for Charles to understand the gist of it.