31 - Lee Smith

There's no going back. I spent two weeks before deciding on this, committing myself. As he said, I should be selfish. At least once. I knocked my head a few times, embarrassed at what I actually did. Who said it was cute? Who said it's okay to do? I figuratively gave him my heart and asked him to take care of it. Ugh. I'm done. It was so embarrassing. It's equivalent to a confession. I pretended to be dead when he knocked on the door. The next morning, I couldn't even bring myself to go out. I'm feeling starved already. Why don't I have food in my room? I don't even have water. I groaned. Oliver called earlier for breakfast. I should go out. Five minutes later, he called again. This time he's also asking if I'm alright. His worried voice made me respond reluctantly. What I didn't expect after getting out of the room is his passionate kiss. He can truly melt me in seconds. Or was it because I'm feeling weak from hunger?

"Why are you hiding?" As soon as he asked that, I can't help hiding my face in his chest, wrapping my arms around him. He chuckled lightly. He half-dragged, half-carried me to the kitchen.

The third week, we joined Christan's family at their vacation. It was a beach. We only spent three days with them. Oliver still have a few business commitments he can't cancel. During that time, I was looking at enrolling at a school to get proper education. A few days later, I was frustrated. It was so hard to fulfill the requirements. Even after explaining my situation, they will only accept me if I provide the requirements. I have no school records! How am I supposed to produce those things? I already tried three colleges. I sighed. In this type of situation, I could only ask Oliver for help. So, I messaged the details to Charles. I also told Oliver about it.

When Oliver called a few hours later to say it's been done, I groaned in frustration again. It felt unfair that having money can really change how others accommodate you. It's good enough that the school chosen wasn't any of those I already tried.

Anyway, Oliver was supportive. Without asking, he already knew what I was planning with this decision. When Charles forwarded the class schedule to me, I realized I had to forfeit my job as secretary. It was a hard decision to make, because if I do, it means I also have to use Oliver's money as allowance. I guess to be with a man like Oliver, I have to be invested as well.

The next few months, I spent time studying business and management. Oliver and I mostly talk about business news. I get embarrassed when he starts asking about my opinion on current news about corporate moves.

"Don't you think our routine would start to get boring if we talk about these things even at home?" I can't help asking. It was starting to feel that way to me. To be honest, I'm already getting fed up with the new workload. It's not that I can't do it, it's just that I'm not used to it. I used to have a lot of free time and enough rest. I'm starting to get tired of it all. What have I been doing with my life?

Oliver is quick to understand my situation. It has been gradual. I've been grumpy these last few weeks.

"What did I tell you? Don't force yourself too hard. Take a break if you have to. And I'm telling you now, from what I'm seeing, you need one." He stood up and walked behind me. We just finished having dinner but we're still having a conversation. When he put his hands on my shoulders, I felt tickled. He knew it, though. He started massaging my shoulders and I leaned back on the chair as I relaxed. He pushed me a bit forward and massaged my back as well. It was terribly comforting and relaxing. I can't help moaning a few times. Oliver's sensitive enough to know I want him to massage my head as well. He did. But I still felt like crying.

"Go on up. Go to bed early." He stated as he started clearing the plates. I just stared at the table as he worked. These days, I'm spending more nights at his home than at my apartment. I bought a laptop for school but I didn't feel like subscribing to internet as well. Whenever I have to use the net, I just join him at his home. This is one of those days. I think he likes it. He tried hard to dissuade me when my one month of recuperation was over and I told him I'm going back to my apartment unit.