61 - Lee Smith

They were laughing when we returned to Oliver's house, our house. I exchanged a curious glance at Oliver.

"Allen's a sweet talker, I'd say." I whispered.

"Well, if he's able to get my parents to your side, that would benefit as both. They won't bother us so much."

"What do you mean?" I asked. He only pulled me closer as we entered the threshold.

"You seem to be enjoying your conversation. Your laughter is quite contagious." Oliver stated as soon as we entered. Allen shrugged.

"I knew it was you. What did you do?" I demanded in a teasing tone, smiling.

"Oh, we were just talking about that day you cursed Oliver for a full day." He stated nonchalantly. I froze. I felt that Oliver did the same.

"I didn't." I said, a little indignant. What is Allen talking about? Have I mentioned that sometimes I don't like his jokes?

"Oh, you did." He insisted.

"Was it from before?" Oliver asked, he tightened his hold on me, so I looked up.

"Yeah." Allen confirmed.

"From before what?" I asked. Oliver exhaled. There's worry on his face.

"Don't worry. I was just teasing. Lee's over it. It was just one day. She didn't mention you ever again afterwards." Allen stood up to explain. But I still didn't follow.

"You. Talk." I pointed at Allen sternly. "Now."

"We already mentioned about how you sold the company you inherited from Henry, right? You sold it to Oliver."
"Yeah, he mentioned it." I gestured towards Oliver who looks pale.

Allen scratched his head. "Well, you didn't agree on a few terms. You insisted that he keeps the name of Sanders Corp but he declined. You were angry, then. Look, it was nothing. You were fine the next day."

I inhaled, then exhaled. "That's it?" I asked.

"Yeah." Allen still looked uncertain. We turned to look at Oliver.

"I'll make it up to you." He promised. The way he said it, like he's pleading, touched my heart.

"You don't need to. Does he?" I asked Allen, who only shrugged. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Don't worry about it." I touched his face, trying to turn his expression of worry into something happy.

"Thank you." He whispered as he kissed my palm.

"Ugh, no. Save us the PDA, please. Go to your room, now." Allen just can't stop.

I can see Clara's smiling at Allen. Oliver's parents are smiling as well.