4 - Oliver Taylor

I realized she went back to sleep when she didn't respond anymore.

Her friend, Aya, left last night after making sure Lee is taken care of. She gave me her number and told me to contact her as soon as her friend wakes up and is ready to go home.

Lee has a beautiful face. I found myself about to caress her face. I withheld my hand at the last second. My heart is still beating a little faster than normal. I'm not sure what I would have done if she's in worse condition. Thankfully, it wasn't bad. Though I can see the pain in her expression. For some reason, I don't want to see her in pain. I felt a connection to her, though I'm sure I haven't seen her before today.

I decided to contact her friend and inform her that Lee woke up but went back to sleep. She didn't tell me much about Lee, only that she has work as a secretary during the day and in the restaurant by night.

When she woke up the next morning, she let out a groan. The pain must be terrible.

"Hey, you alright?" What a stupid question to ask, Oliver.

"Hungry." I winced. I don't think we're ever on the same page. Well, at least she didn't comment on my stupid question. Yes?

"I'll order you some food. What do you want?"

"Anything spicy." She muttered as she tried to sit. I assisted her.

"Sure. I know a good restaurant. I could ask them to deliver here." I took out my phone to make the call.

"Do you need to call in at work to tell them you're not coming today?" I gave her her own phone.

"Guess I should. Have you talked to the doctor?"
"Yes, I did."

"How long am I staying here?"

"A couple of days. You can be discharged day after tomorrow." I actually insisted that she stay longer to be sure she's fine and healed.

She groaned. I noticed she seemed to be thinking something.

"That would be a couple of hundred bucks out my wallet." She muttered.

Ah, so she's worried about money.

"I'll compensate you. I owe you more for saving my nephew. My brother would have killed me if Carl had been hurt." I know it's the truth. Life is more precious than money. I would have given her more if she asked for it. I'm not sure she would accept if I offered. Somehow, I have a feeling she's a proud woman who won't accept it. I understand that she's only asking for what's acceptable.

"Do you have enough money for that kind of compensation?" She furrowed her eyebrows, looking at me intently.

"Yes, I can cover it."

"Thank you. I would love to have helped your nephew for free, but I can't afford to be off work and pay hospital bills at the moment." She's so honest. I like it.

The next day, after I processed her discharge, I suggested she stay with me for a while so I can take care of her. She was doubtful.

"It doesn't hurt that bad, just bruises and scratches. I'm sure that's not necessary." She declined my offer.

"Please. I have enough rooms in the house. I can tend to your wounds. You might get infection. Just until you're properly healed." I insisted. For some reason, I don't want her to go. I want her to stay with me.

"Take it as vacation. Don't worry about the days you will miss work. Here. This is from my family. A little something for saving Carl." I handed her an envelope with a grand inside. She frowned.

"This is too much." She stated.

"Not if you miss a few more days. Stay with us until the weekend. Carl and Drew want to meet you properly."

"Tempting."