83 - Leandra Sanders

I visited Tracy's on Monday afternoon. As soon as I sat down, a woman came to greet me.

"Why aren't you using Oliver's booth? Are you guys fighting again?" A woman came to sit across me.

I smiled at her, studying her face. "Are you Aya?" I asked.

She squinted at me, then. "Why are you asking my name?"

I gave her a self-deprecating smile. "A few months back, I hit my head again. I don't remember the last two years, but I remember everything before that. Oliver told me about you."

She was silent then. She leaned back on her chair. "Huh, I was wondering why you haven't visited in so long."

"We're too busy at Oliver's company. This is the first time we're having a break. We were talking last night, and I mentioned to him that I want to get an assistant. Apparently, we already talked about it before I hit my head, so he mentioned you. Have I talked to you about it?"

She looked a little awkward. "Well, you did mention it in passing, but I thought you were joking. I mean, I understand why Oliver wanted you to work for him as his executive assistant, but me working at Taylor Industries? There was no reason for me to go there."

"What do you mean? We're really in need of another hand, and we need someone loyal, someone we can trust, and you and I are friends."

She showed me a knowing smile, then. She laughed softly, "But you don't even remember me."

"But our friendship then was genuine, right? Who would want to be friends with someone having no memories, no money, no future?" I returned her knowing smile.

"But... I have no proper training. I haven't really done a job as assistant or secretary, especially to a company at that level." She looked a bit anxious.

"You'll be my assistant, so you'll have me. Mainly, it would be Charles in charge of your training, but I'll be sure to tell him to treat you the way he treated me when I had my training. Apparently, I gave him loads of headache." I grinned, and she returned it.

Then, I continued to explain. "After your training, you'll be mainly helping me. While I help Oliver. Whereas Charles is also helping Oliver."

"I'll give it some thought. Maybe we can talk about the details later. Customers are pouring in, I got to..." She gestured around the restaurant.

"Sure. Thank you. Did you say Oliver has a booth?"

She pointed it out to me, so I went before ordering a few dishes that took my fancy.

Later that day, near the end of her shift, we continued our conversation. She's mainly concerned about the things she will do if she accepts the job. With her personality, she's a good fit, really.

Later that night, we stayed at my house still. When Oliver went to sleep, I decided to make some calls. Talking to him, I learned that Tanya eventually ended up being Christan's wife. A pity that she died. I still can't get my head around it. But to me, the most critical piece of information is the fact that Tanya and Christan met each other around the time that Spencer approached Christan. So, I called Gerry, the only person who can give me information on whether it was a natural occurrence or if Tanya was undercover. The download of information is hurting my head again. Who knew the Taylors is more complicated than the Sanders?