62 - Oliver Taylor

"I'd say your brother assimilated well with my parents." We did go up our room when Allen told us to.

"Does Clara have a car? How is she going home?" Lee asked plopping down on our bed.

"Ah, shoot... I forgot about that. I thought we'll be working on that proposal overnight." I scratched my head. I was about to change my clothes.

She dialed a number on her phone.

"If you're not too busy, can you take Clara home?" I guess it was Allen.

"Good. Thanks. Why aren't you busy, anyway?"

I decided I can change clothes now.

When Allen mentioned about Lee being angry, I knew it will be from that time. I didn't realize I made her that mad. I will ask Charles tomorrow if we can reuse the name.

When I turned around, Lee has her eyes closed, phone in hand. She does this most of the time. It's cute how she easily falls asleep. I adjusted her on the bed and covered her with the blanket before I lied down beside her. I will be forever grateful that we met when we did.

When I woke up in the middle of the night, thirsty, I decided to come down the stairs. What I didn't expect is for my parents to be there, as well as three young men I recognize as Lee's brothers. Allen must have sent Clara home.

"Hi." I lifted my wrist to check the time, 1:17 am.

"I picked them up when I was returning from dropping Clara off." Allen explained.

"Who's Clara?" Alex asked.

"Taylor Industries' business developer." Allen explained.

"Do you have a spare business developer? I need one." Axel asked. It was a little disorienting how they each take a turn when speaking.

"I'll see if anyone's willing." I answered.

"Good. Now you can focus on building my new branch." It was Alex again, even when I hoped it will be Axel.

"If I remember correctly, you also need some building?" Axel asked. I waved it away.

"It's not urgent, but I would appreciate it if you can line it up by next year."

"What do you need building?" As expected, it was Allen.

"Do you guys... really...?" I just waved my hand around, gesturing at them taking turns.

"Yes. You'll get used to it. It started as a game; you see." Alex turned to my parents.

"You should've seen Lee's irritated look when we started it." Axel again. I turned to Allen now.

"She took her gun out, didn't she? It was scary."

"Lee has a gun?" My father asked, but Lee already mentioned it earlier. That would explain her marksmanship.

"She acquired one for each of us. For security purposes. We didn't get into it as much as she did. Didn't she have a collection?" Alex turned to his brothers.

"It wasn't a collection, but she did have a few of them. There was one on her bedside table, under her study, in her bathroom..." Axel was counting. That was three already.

"That's too many guns." My mom responded. I can tell she's a little bit alarmed.

"I think she tried going into that profession, but things didn't work out. She's a good shooter, though. The police would've benefited from having her." Allen explained.

I didn't realize I was nodding. They all turned to me.

"We went to the amusement park when we started dating, we tried all the booths that involve shooting. She was excellent. I was ashamed I didn't win her any prizes. She did it all by herself. Later I brought her to a firing range."

"That sounds so much like Lee." Alex confirmed.

I nearly yelled when cold arms encircled my waist. I can tell the others were astonished as well, and not in a good way. I didn't hear her footsteps.

"Why are you guys here?" She asked in a sleepy tone.

"Family bonding." Axel responded. He leaned back on the sofa, calming his heart.

"You scared me." I finally managed to say.

"Why?" she asked. I guess she's still sleepy.

"Come, sit down. Sleep more if you're sleepy." I occupied the vacant seat, Lee sat on my lap. She really looks small when she's beside me. She covered her mouth as she yawned.

"Does she always do that?" Mom asked me, hand in her heart. I shook my head.

"I don't think she's fully awake." I reached out to a glass of water on the table, suddenly remembering my thirst.

"Well, that's new." Allen commented, still staring at Lee.

Mom suddenly stood up and walked towards their room. No one said anything. Just staring at Lee.

Mom returned with a blanket and she wrapped it around Lee.

"Thanks." I smiled at her. I guess her background is acceptable enough. In a way, I'm glad.

Her brothers are fun to talk with, once you get used to their taking turns. Or when they dispose of it. I mostly listened as they talk and share stories with my parents.