74 - Oliver Taylor

I groaned. It was my mistake. I know it's been a while, but how can I forget? Lee looked up from her laptop. She brought it when we went down to eat at the cafeteria. I forgot no one here knows she's my wife. They only know her as my assistant. Though I know there were already rumors about us being too close before. And they're malicious rumors as well.

"What is it?" She asked, finally looking around.

"Why are they staring?" She asked with an eyebrow raised.

"We haven't announced our marriage in public. And the employees also don't know. They must be surprised right now." I had my arm around her waist earlier when we came to get food, and she did the same while we were choosing from the menu. I'm even feeding her as she's too busy on her laptop. She did say she needed to finish it before she goes out to visit some people.

She stared blankly.

"Shouldn't we announce it?" Her question caught me off guard.

"Should we?"

"Why didn't we?" Right. What was the reason again?

"Originally, we wanted to build you a good reputation first before we announce it. When you recovered your memories, you said it would be dangerous to link my family to your name."

"Legally, I haven't been with the bureau in six months, right? Physically, that would be two years. I only joined last week's raid, but I wore a mask then. It was also classified that I was allowed to join."

"And you're saying?" I almost thought she wanted us to announce it.

"We could announce it now?"

"Are you sure?" I'm still skeptical.

"I should get Gerry's opinion. And Mike's."

"I agree with that."

"I'll give them a call later." Her posture then said she wanted to continue eating, so I gave her a spoonful. I smiled inside at how she didn't mind everyone's gazes.

"You're positive they will agree it's safe to announce?"

"Something like that." She asked for some meat, and I obliged.

That afternoon, I had to field questions from the board of directors about my relationship with Lee. I simply told them that we'll be making an announcement tomorrow. It was almost a good thing that Lee was out.