‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾02☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.
»»——⍟——««
L I L O' S P.O.V.

  " Everyone, this is my cousin, Lilo, Lilo, this is everyone." Rue said as she squeezed beside the girl who sat in the back seat, making room for me. " Bitch, didn't you like, die, or something?" The pretty brunette asked while driving down a street and making a left turn. " Clearly not Maddy," said the thick girl who sat beside her, chuckling while nudging her friend's side.

  " Who's party is this anyways?" Asked the girl beside me, blowing a blueberry scented smoke into our faces. I waved my hand around to avoid the smoke, I didn't wanna inhale nothing other than weed. " It's Mckay's," The girls introduced themselves properly to me, earning a small nod from me as they did so. " You don't really speak much, huh?" BB asked, offering me her vape pen, which I declined.

  " Nope, Lilo isn't like most girls," Rue responded in the cringest voice possible, making us all share a laugh. I think this may have been the first time I've laughed with a group of people my age before, it felt, fake.  

  I probably shouldn't have made that joke, but I was trying to lift everyone's spirits, as per usual. But Lilo, really felt that way about these girls, well, at first. It wasn't necessarily her fault though, she went through some traumatic shit and never got the proper help for it.

  As a result, Lilo grew numb to feelings and emotions, there's nothing she felt a genuine connection to besides her mother. You're probably wondering how come no one realized how much of a little sociopath Lilo was while growing up, that's because she was good at not showing it.

  She spent her free time as a child closely observing the television, it soon became her guide on how to maneuver around people. She studied how to smile accordingly, how to flirt and even how to cry right on cue. After a while, Lilo got so good at pretending and avoiding any affection at all cost, she almost forgot the reason why she was pretending in the first place.

  One day when we were hanging out, high as shit, Lilo told me a story. Well, more of a memory. She used to cry and wish every night that she was the twin that disappeared in her mother's stomach, she often felt like a burden and like a bomb waiting to explode and just wanted it to be over with.

  I asked her if she still thought this, she replied sometimes. I don't know why but that made me cry so hard I started hyperventilating. She laughed while hugging me and asking what was wrong. I was starting to become attached to Lilo, and after hearing that, I wanted to protect her and keep her by my sides at all times. I figured there'd be nothing wrong with me wasting away with my life if I was helping someone else find theirs.

  After a while, we arrived at the party, and then, the night got weird. Now there's a couple of versions of what happened that night. It all depends on who you ask, and to be honest, I'm not always the most reliable narrator. But Nate was fucking on one, and in turn, Maddy was fucking on one. Lilo, as well, for her own selfish intentions, and just so happened to get in the midst of things.

»»——⍟——««

  Rue left my side, telling me to stay put and that she had to use the bathroom. I nodded and watched her disappear into the room, shutting the door behind her. I took in my surroundings, there were a few people loitering by the staircase, talking while drinking and smoking. I took this as my time to crush my weed onto the screen of my phone and rolled up a blunt in a backwood. 

  I took a lighter out from my back pocket, sparking my blunt and bringing it onto my lips. Rue exited from the bathroom, a look of pure ecstasy on her face as she strolled in my direction. " You look high as shit," I chuckled while exhaling the smoke into the air, following Rue as she went down the stairs.